(11) Bad Boy Falls For Good Girl?

(Pic of Tessa and Cassie at the top. Also my profile pic hehe. How do y'all like the new cover?)

😈Carter's POV😈

"How bout her? Veronica Stevens. Damn, she's hot." Parker said, putting a cigarette in between his parted lips. Heath, Parker,Jace and I stand in the shady section behind the school giving us a great look at the people outside eating lunch. This is our spot. This is where we rate and choose girls from. Where we hang out. Drink, smoke. This is our free place. Where no one else can bother us.

I'm sure you don't know who Jace is though. Jace Flynn. He moved here last week, and by the looks of it, we already knew we wanted him in our group. He just had that badass vibe radiating out from him. Grey eyes and ruffled brown hair. All the girls threw themselves at him the first day.

Except for Cassie Davis.

I don't think she knows who Jace even is.

"She's a 7. She's pretty, but she isn't my type. I go for the blondes, remember?" I grin, eyeing Veronica up and down. She had the legs and tanned skin and long straight dark hair, but she wasn't my type.

"Cassie's not a blonde." Heath chuckled, raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah, but i'm not into her." I rolled my eyes.

"Who's Cassie?" Jace asks. He gives us a confused stare and all we do is snicker at him.

"She's that brunette over there. Wavy hair, Chuck Taylors, aviator sunglasses." Parker points over to where Cassie is, who is laughing at something like the crazy girl she is. She can be quite adorable at times.

Wait, what?

"Carter's got a crush on her." Parker chuckles.

"No I don't. I called dibs on Alissa, Emily, and Katie." I smirk, wolf whistling as Alissa walks into view. "Hot damn."

"So if you don't have dibs, can I call dibs on her?" I feel a pang in my chest as Jace continues. Is he joking? "She is pretty hot. Solid 9. Her shoes are the only thing that kills me." He smirks, grinning almost.

But her shoes are one of the things that make her...Cassie.

"No. You can't call dibs on her." I blurt out. I can't have Jace coming after her. After all, he'll destroy her. He isn't her type...

What is her type than Carter? Didn't you say the same thing about Miles?

"I thought you just said you didn't care for her Carter." Jace rolls his eyes at me. "I'm going over to her."

"Jace." I glare at him, my green eyes staring right into his grey ones. But even my sexy, don't do it because I will kill you, glare can't stop him.

Why the heck am I even being this overprotective over her. It's not like I like her...

Maybe you do.

My heart beats faster and faster as I watch Jace get closer to Cassie's table. I see Cassie's smile grow bigger and brighter as he talks to her. I feel the fire in my veins burning as Jace returns with a smirk and leaves Cassie smiling brighter than usual.

"Guess who got a date with a hot girl." He smiles, laughing as Parker claps him on the back.

I blush and fidget a little in my seat. I give Jace a fake smile as he stares at her on our way back to class. The blood boils up in me and I feel as if I'm going to explode. I finally realize why i'm feeling like this.

It's already been a month, but I think I'm falling for her.

Ladies and gentlemen, I like Cassie Davis.