(27) His "Possesion"

"Hey Cassie!" I hear Jace yell from behind me.

Keep walking Cassie. Maybe if you walk far enough you can escape him.

Nope.

"What do you want Jace!" I groan.

"Listen. I'm really sorry. I didn't realize that-"

"The fight would actually affect me? Because, it really did!" I cut him off, rolling my eyes.

"I want to make it up to you."

"No." I bluntly reply. "I'm sorry Jace. But you're just going to make things worse. We're just friends..."

"Come on Cassie. We all know that I'm the better guy between me and Carter." He smirks.

"Will you stop? I'm not going to choose." I speed up faster so that he's behind me.

"At least let me make it up to you." He pleads, flashing me a smile.

"Fine." I roll my eyes again. "What are you going to do?"

"Let's go to the movies. My treat."

I'm cringing so hard at how desperate he is.

But I don't want to be rude-rude.
And I might be doing this for the free candy and popcorn...

"Um. But Carter is going to get-"

"Oh my god Cassie. You really are like his possession." He shakes his head at me.

Possession? What the heck?

"I mean. He's so protective. It's like he owns you or something. Just loosen up. It's not like he'll kill you." He rolls his eyes.

Right...

But...But...
Ok fine. I'll go to the movies with him.

"Fine. I'll go with you. As long as there is no touching or flirting. It makes me uncomfortable. And you have to buy me popcorn and candy!" I add. I see Jace's disappointment after I say no touching or flirting.

"You're so desperate." I laugh, leaving him as I walk further away, to my house.

________________________________

Sexiest Guy On The Planet (Carter): Cassie. You're probably going to ignore this. But if you do read this, I really want to say sorry. All this fighting and jealousy made things worse. I should've just stopped it all. I realize how annoying I really have been. Please forgive me. I really miss actually talking to you.

Aww.
________________________________

I get Charlie to take me to Carter's house so I can talk to him.

"Call me when you need me Cas." Charlie winks, before he drives off.

I walk up to his house. Still the same old big house I know it to be. I ring the doorbell and wait.

"Cassie?" Carter answers the door, scratching the back of his neck. "I didn't expect you to be here...Oh, are you babysitting?!"

"No Carter. I just came to talk." I smile.

"Ok. Um. Yeah."

"So are you going to let me in...or..." I raise an eyebrow. I wait for him to let me inside and take a seat on his couch. He sits right next to me.