(30) Her Knight In Shining Aluminum

Today was supposed to be another babysitting day. But I lied and told Mrs. Wayford I had something come up.

But really.

It was just because I couldn't stand to see Carter anymore. Who knew guys were harder to talk to.

Instead I was able to call Tessa and Laila over for after school.

"SLEEPOVER!" Laila yelled, squealing in excitement.

"We can go to Starbucks, paint our nails, and play truth or dare!" Tessa giggles.

"And watch The Notebook!" We all day together, giggling.

"But first Cassie. We need to get this Cartsie business under control." Laila adds in, Tessa nodding after.

"I personally hate him for what he did, but I want you to be happy Cassie." Tessa smiles, putting her arm around me.

"Thanks guys. I can't believe he did that this morning." I sigh.

"Maybe he just wanted your attention." Laila squeaks, flopping onto my bed.

"Or maybe he was lying and playing with me the whole time." I shrug, lying down on the carpet.

Maybe he just doesn't like me the way I like him now.

"Come on Cassie. We have to do something back after the way he's treated you." Tessa nods.

"I'm not sure guys. I don't know if he would like it." I shake my head.

And I'm not sure if I have it in me to even see him again.

"Did you like what he did to you?" Laila asks.

Maybe she's right. Maybe it won't hurt to get back at him, especially since he did that to me today.

"No. But. I'm not sure if I can even see him again. I just can't handle it." I sigh again. My mind just can't handle being around him. When I see him I throw a fit or start crying. Simple as that.

It's even hard to talk about him.

"Cassie. We've got your back. We're here to help you. If you can't take it, then we can stop." Tessa smiles, opening a bottle of nail polish. "Yo Laila, open this."

"Okay, enough about Carter. Let's have some fun!" Laila squeals. "Purple nail polish or blue?"

________________________________
This is crazy. We are crazy. What are we doing. Why?

Ok. To fill you in, we made a plan. Specifically, Operation Cartsie.

And I'm already regretting it.

Tessa's driving us over to Carter's house in her dad's truck and we decided we were going to sneak in and act like Taylor Swift after her boyfriend broke up with her.

Our first plan was to steal his boxers and hang them in front of the whole school. But then we realized that all the girls would be worshipping his boxers and our plan would not work out.

And then we decided, what is the most important thing to Carter other than his family?

His motorcycle. That he always keeps in the garage.

If you don't know what where we're going with this, we're going to 'borrow' it temporarily. No harm done! Just stealing his precious black metal bike.