(2) This Is Gonna Be a Piece Of Cake

"Hey Cassie!"

"Oh my god!" I panicked, holding my heart.

Gosh dang it Charlie. Thanks for almost giving me a heart attack.

Charlie Davis.

My 'hot and amazing' brother, as people like to call it. Although, I found him rather annoying. People said he was quite attractive but I never really saw it. Something about the way his hazel eyes matched his dirty blonde hair made him an easy girl magnet like some other guys at my school. He might have been a senior, but he still acted like a 5 year old.

"I told you to stop calling me that...and why'd you eat all the bacon?" I pouted.

What? A girl needs to eat. Especially if it's bacon.

"You can eat those Frosted Flakes over there..." He shrugged, smiling and messing up my hair.

"Jerk. Now my hair's messed up." I teased.

"If you fix it now I'll leave you, and you'll have to walk to school again." He smirked. My face flushed at the thought of him leaving me again.

I've known from past experiences, that he really will leave you. Accidentally or purposefully.

"So where's mom? She at work with dad?" I said, stuffing my mouth full of cereal and milk.

"Yeah, they won't be here till midnight."

My mom and dad were both doctors. They work so much, that we barely get to see them. Which is kind of sad because I never really had anyone to talk to for some of my girl problems. I never had the comfort other people can access.

It sucks.

I take a second to swirl my spoon around in the cereal before bringing it up to my mouth.

"I forgot to tell you that Alissa wanted to make out with you again." I teased, rolling my eyes.

Charlie and Alissa got together after Ashton Hills left her. I told Charlie a million times about how bad Alissa really is, but he wouldn't give in. Only because he 'loves' her.

"Shut up." He said, blushing. "Get in the car Cas. We're leaving soon."

_______________________________

"Cas? Come on...Let's go!"

"Ok! Let me just grab my history textbook." I yelped, grabbing my textbook just before Tessa started dragging me to the library.

Tessa had a huge history test coming up. Yesterday I aced it, and apparently she forgot to study. So my reward for getting a full mark on that test, is helping Tessa get a good grade on it too...By studying at our crappy school library.

You see, your library might be your normal everyday library. With the newest releases and cool iMacs and stuff. But in our library, we have the oldest books you can ever find. All ripped up and stained. Some are so ripped up, that there is no cover. We also have the crappiest computers ever. No one dared to even touch them anymore. And the worst part of our school library, is the 300 year old she-demon sitting at the checkout counter. Even the slightest pin drop, and she'll tell you to get out.

"Thank god Mrs. Nelly isn't here today." Tessa smiled, wiggling her eyebrows.

We scurried over to a rickety wooden table with pencil marks all over it. I quickly opened my History textbook and gave it to her.