(28)I've Lived With you For 17 Years

(Possibly a new book?^^^:P hehe)

"You know what! I can't stand his behavior anymore! I can't believe he would just do that to you!" Laila complains, smacking her hands down on the lunch table.

"Yeah." I whisper. My eyes are swollen from all the crying I've done and my face is pale. I figured that the less I talk, the more I would be able to forget about him.

But it doesn't work.

I looked for him this morning, everywhere. But Carter wasn't out in the front like he always is. I asked Parker and Heath and even decided I would go and talk to Jace.

They haven't seen him either.

"Cassie? What do you say about it?" Tessa asks, interrupting my thoughts.

"Huh?" I stare at them, with a confused expression.

"Were you listening? We said that we should go and do something back. I mean, after all the things he's done to you, we need to fire back and-"

"Guys, he didn't do anything. I was the one that started it. I'm always the one that starts he arguments." I sigh.

"But-"

"And we're not even in a relationship. I don't even know if we're friends anymore. So you guys should just drop the subject." I cut Laila off. My eyes are back to being watery and I feel like crying all over again. "I need to go to the restroom to fix myself."

"Do you want us to come with?" Tessa asks, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"You guys can, but I don't want to ruin the rest of your lunch." I give a weak smile.

Then I'm off to the restroom.

I stare into the mirror.

I look really bad...

I put my hair into a ponytail and start to wash my face. I don't bother to ever put makeup on so I don't worry about that.

"Did you hear the news about Carter?" I hear a couple girls whisper as they come into the restroom. I quickly run into a stall before they can see me.

"Apparently he dumped that Cassie girl just about yesterday." Another girl adds.

But we weren't even dating! We were just seeing how things were going.

"It was about time he did that. That girl is just a freak."

A freak? Is that what everyone thinks of me?

"Is that why Alissa said she and Carter were dating now?"

Wait, are they already back together? Is Carter already ready to move on?

What am I talking about...We weren't ever dating.

"Haha yes! That girl deserves him way more than Cassie."

"Cassie's such a whore."

"I know right, Carter should've dumped her sooner."

"Everyone knew that Carter hated her, right?"

Why are people just so cruel?

________________________________
As soon as I get home I bolt to my room and plop right on my bed. I throw the covers over me and go on my phone.

A part of me is wishing that Carter would text me and say that what he did was a joke or a prank and we'd be back to our teasing.

But he doesn't.

So I try to occupy myself.

How did I keep myself occupied before I even met Carter?

I sigh at the question.

I decide not to do homework because I can just do it tomorrow morning and be lazy for today.

"NETFLIX?" I ask myself.

"Yes indeed Cassie, what a great idea!" I sigh.

Has it really come to the point where I talk to myself now? My life is honestly so sad...

I lazily walk down the stairs and grab some popcorn and a blanket before flopping onto the couch and starting Netflix.

"Disney movie marathon Cassie?" I ask myself again.

"Wow Cassie, you know exactly what's been on my mind!" I giggle.

"Someone's lonely." I hear Charlie say from behind me.

"I am not lonely!" I grunt, slapping his hand off my popcorn.

"You talk to yourself whenever you're bored." He chuckles.

Ok. That's true. It's always been a thing for me. It makes me feel better, alright? Don't judge!

"How do you know that?" I raise an eyebrow.

"I've lived with you for 17 years." He rolls his eyes, playfully. "Listen, I'm pretty sure I know what my sister does when she's lonely or mad. Plus you make it so that everyone is watching your temper tantrums..." He goes on.

"Shut up. I'm watching Zootopia." I push him. "Disney marathon."

"Oooh! May I join?" He smiles, falling on top of me on the couch.

Remember Cassie, you're lonely.

"You just want the popcorn, but go ahead Charles." I grin. "Just go to the chair over there. Can't you see I deserve the couch?" I push him off the couch.

"Meanie." He grins.

"Why is every single boy so childish nowadays?" I groan, slapping my forehead.

________________________________

Ok guys! Here's the last chapter for today! I'm probably going to update with one chapter tomorrow! This one was short but you know...Got to fill some holes in.

I might be changing minor things (editing) in the first couple chapters right now. I feel like I've changed a little bit as a writer lol.

XOXO