(8) Best And Most Amazing Girl Ever: Cassie

You might be thinking that I would want to see Carter again. I think not. Let me give you the whole story.

After the kiss, I was way too embarrassed. I pushed him off and ran outside and basically sprinted all the way to my house. But being the stupid person I am, I didn't know where it was. So Charlie had to go and pick me up in the middle of no where.

Which sucked because I just watched Annabelle and I was so scared.

Now all I have to do is avoid Carter in basically the  3 months left of school. This is going to be a piece of cake.

Realize I said that about the bet too.

I kept my head mostly down and avoided talking to Tessa too. Really, I avoided any contact with anyone on my way to my locker. I pulled my hoodie over my head so no one would really see my face.

Just go to your locker and hurry up.

"Cas?"

Oh no.

"Carter, I don't want to talk." I said, speed walking my way from my locker towards my first class.

I'll get my stuff later.

"Cas, it's me. Not Carter...It's Miles." The voice behind me said, grinning maybe?

"Miles? I don't know any Miles. I'm sorry, but you might be looking for someone else-"

"Cas, I'm Miles Harrison. Im in your History class." He laughed "I just wanted to check on you. You're usually so upbeat and happy and stuff. You seem different."

I turned around to find...well Miles. He had blonde hair and slightly tanned skin. And his eyes? Don't get me started.

Now that I think about it, why is everyone I know blonde?

Anyways, he definitely wasn't ugly...Not that I'm complaining. How could I not remember him?

"I don't remember you..." I looked down, twiddling my thumbs.

"You probably don't. I'm more of an observer than a talker." He winked.

"Stalker much?" I looked up, giggling.

"I'm so offended!" He teased, placing his hand over his heart as if he was shocked.

"Please. I could do way worse." I laughed, smiling.

"I like you Cassie. You're cool. We should hang out some time." He smiled.

"I'd like that Miles. I'm free tomorrow. How about we go somewhere after school?"

"Sounds good." He chuckled, as we exchanged our phones to put in our phone numbers.

I put myself in as 'Best and Most Amazing Girl Ever: Cassie'

For a moment there, I forgot about all my problems talking to Miles. Maybe he was...no. Never mind.

"I'll see you later Cas." He said, smiling as he left.

And guess what? I smiled too.

________________________________

"Cassie! Please just talk!" Carter yelled behind me, as he tried to run up to me.

I ignored him and kicked up my speed. I started off at a jog but got into a sprint as he eventually started to catch up, his voice coming closer.