(26) Dropping The Ice Cream Cone

"Hey mom? Are you home?" I yell into the house, tossing my backpack on the ground. I smell chocolate chip cookies. She's been baking.

"Cassie?" She looks at me, her apron covered in flour.

But that look...That look is all it takes for me to let it all out.

"Mom...I can't. There was a fight between Carter and Jace today over me...Now everybody just expects me to choose between the two of them. And I-I...I can't because I don't want to hurt anyone. They're both good friends and...Now Alissa is out to get me and nobody-no-no one can understand.." I sob, falling into her arms. I try to wipe the tears away but they keep coming back again.

"Sweetheart." She sighs. "High-School is tough. Just let it all out." She strokes my hair, as I bury my face in her apron.

She smells like chocolate chip cookie dough.

"I really-really like Carter, mom. But Jace is such a good friend. And if I choose Carter, he's not going to talk to me anymore. And I can't choose Jace over Carter...Because...Be-Because..."

"Because what? You can tell me, Cas." She looks at me, still hugging me.

Because you love him Cassie.

"The thing is, I can't. I think I'm just..Just too..." I stutter.

"Scared?"

I nod at her. Exactly. Someone who gets me.

"Love is worth everything. And well...I don't want to see Carter kissing some other girl knowing that I-I...love him." I sniffle.

"Keep going sweetheart. Let it all out." She nods, squeezing my hands.

"And I don't know if I can trust him yet. I know who he is mom. He used to be the type of person to get with a girl, and break her heart."

"Is he like that now? He said he 'liked' you." She asks.

"I'm not sure." I sigh. "I want to trust him. I really do. But-but, I'm not sure if I can yet."

"Well then wait. You don't have to rush things, sweetie. I'm sure he can too." She smiles.

This is why I love my mother.

She always knows what to do.

So I lay there in her arms, crying. Like how I used to do when I was 4 or 5 and I dropped my ice cream cone. It's crazy how much our problems get deeper and worse when we get older.
________________________________

My problems at school get much much worse. Alissa's back to being a bitch...Oh wait, she's always been one. I ignore Jace and Carter because I need time to think about what I'm going to do. Tessa, Laila, and Greyson fend off Alissa's posse in the meantime.

But now everyone seems to hate me. Or at least they're annoyed with this Cassie, Jace, Carter thing.

And it's annoying me too.

I have to sit/stand at school listening to the stupid arguments Jace and Carter get into now. Some of them aren't even about me. They can be as stupid as who looks better.

Now the principal wants to see me everyday during lunch or in the morning to talk about the fight. Which means I barely get any time to talk to Tessa or Laila. Why can't the principal just drop the subject? It was just a fight!

And final exams are coming up and our teacher's have gotten even more strict. So no talking, no free time.

So my life sucks. A lot. My life sucks.

And no. I'm not my on my period. I'm simply just being a bitch about things.

"Cassie?" I hear Jace and Carter ask.

"You shut up!"

"No you shut up!"

"One of you! Just shut it!" I roll my eyes.

"We wanted to ask if you've made a decision yet." Jace asks, covering Carter's mouth.

Really?

That's all they're going to ask?

"Really?! That's all you're going to ask me?! You're not going to ask if I'm fine or if something happened?! Because it's kind of obvious that I'm mad about something, and none of you guys want to even ask what's going on!" I scream, earning me a lot of attention in the hall.

Ugh. I hate school.

"So you've been asking for my decision right? Because my decision is neither of you, or both of you." I snap.

And then I leave like the sassy diva queen I am.

________________________________

Sooooo??? I love y'all so much! I'm posting a lot today because we decided to cancel our plans.

I'll probably just make a bunch of chapters today and post them tommorow.

But that's the last of chapters I'm posting for today! You guys will just have to wait and see what happens in tomorrow's chapters!

MUAHAHAHA

XOXO