(17) Run From The Big Scary Monster

Birth Giver is calling

"Yeah, hello mom?" I answer.

"Hey sweetie, I know this is last minute and you'd probably really want to enjoy your afternoon but I just got off the phone with Carter's mom. She's needing someone to babysit little Ashton at the moment. She says something about how her kids are too immature to watch over themselves. All the other babysitters are booked and she can't find anyone else."

Aww. I love little kids. I especially love babysitting. Not only do I get money, but I just think toddlers and kids are so cute. Oblivious and childish.

"Of course! Do I need to walk there or something?"

"No. Carter is going to bring you from school. It'll just be until 7:00...Oh! Honey I'm going to need to go-Yes, maple syrup is bett-"

Ok. 3 hours at the Wayford's won't be that bad...right?

_____________________________

"And welcome back to my miserable but happy home! Blah blah blah, you've already seen the rest. West is out with a friend and Blake is with someone too, I think. Dylan isn't here either either..." He explains. But my mind has wandered off too la la land and so I stopped listening after 'And welcome back'.

"So you're mom doesn't trust you enough to babysit you're own little brother?" I smirk, waiting for him to answer.

Just let me be the smart ass for one. Oh wait. I already am.

He walks up to me and looks at me with no expression but boredom, "Oh my god Cassie. We get it. You're a good child. We don't need to know more." He playfully rolls his eyes and smiles.

"You should really smile more." I shrug. "It makes you look less grouchy."

"But that gets rid of the whole bad ass bad boy idea." He smirks.

"So stereotypical." I roll my eyes. "Anyways, where's Ashton? He's the only Wayford I really like anyways..." I smirk at him.

"You know that's not true." He pouts.

Aw. He actually looks sorta cute when he does that.

"Yeah." I smile. "Now hurry up and go find Ashton or I will go looking myself!"

"Ok! Just stay here. Who knows what mess you'll make if you get into any trouble."

But being the stupid yet curious person I am, I follow Carter. I tiptoe up the stairs and keep following him until I can see him go into another door. This time he enters a bigger room. This room is filled with a flat screen TV, a Wii and an Xbox and one of those beds that look like a car. There are a bunch of those car toys and remote control helicopter things scattered across the room.

Based on all the toys I can only guess that this is Ashton's room. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone else's.

I snapped out of my trance when I heard Carter's voice. This time a lot more gentler and kind, "Hey little bro. I want you to meet someone today. She means a lot to me and I think you would like her. Do you want to go and see her?"

"Yeah! Is she that Cassie girl that you keep talking about?"

He talks about me?