Chapter 2: Date Night

Connor's POV:

Tonight was the night I was going on my first date with Danielle. It was 5:00 and I was picking her up at 5:30 for dinner and a movie!

Danielle's POV:

I put on black highwaisted shorts with a turquoise crop top, and put my hair in a waterfall braid. The crop top was just enough to cover up the scars on my back. I call them my battle scars. Only Cassidy knows how they came to be, which was my grandmom, who I lived with before I left her and moved in with Cassidy at 18. It was the right choice.

Cassidy: I thought you didn't want a boyfriend!

Danielle: Who says he's my boyfriend? After this date, I'll be done. I mean, he did kiss me, but I just can't have one after..... After you know who.

Cassidy: Right.

Danielle: So, you have to get a boyfriend!

Cassidy: Well we are in L.A. ... Maybe I can meet a YouTuber I like! Like Sawyer Hartman! I'll have to talk to Connor about that one.

Danielle: Good idea!

Just then there was a knock at the door. I opened it up right away.

Connor: Hey! Let's get going, we can't miss our reservations!

***In the car***

Danielle: Umm Connor, I just wanted to let you know, I'm not ready for a boyfriend just yet.

Connor: Okay, no worries.

Connor's POV:

Crap. I was planning a second date already, and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her even though we just met yesterday. She's beautiful, kind, and has a sense of humor. I love her. I'll just have to wait.

Danielle: I'm glad you feel that way.

We arrived at the movie theater and saw our movie.

Later on, we finished dinner and I brought her back to my place.

Connor: If you don't mind me asking, why aren't you ready for a boyfriend?

Danielle: Well I guess I've gotta tell you now. I had this one boyfriend and he cheated on me, it was last year. I haven't dated since.

Connor: Aww. I'd never do anything like that.

Danielle: Connor, I just need a while.

Connor: I understand. I can wait.

Danielle: Thank you.

She smiles at me, and I'm glad she's willing to at least give me a chance eventually.

Danielle's POV:

NEW TEXT FROM CASSIDY:

Cassidy: A little birdy gave me Saywers number! I'm going out tonight;) With him of course! Luv yew!<3

Danielle: Ooohhhhhh!!!!! Yay! I'll be in the apartment with Shanna, I'm shooting a collab with her tonight if I didn't mention it.

Cassidy: K! Byeeeeeeee! Like that Joey Graceffa reference? Lol

Danielle: Well Connor, I had a lot of fun! I've gotta go, but I'll text you sometime. Bye!

Connor: Bye!