Chapter 23: Blake

???'s POV:

INCOMING CALL FROM: Dani😜☺️

???: Hey!

Danielle: Hey Blake. I need you right now. Can I come over please?

???/Blake: Yeah, of course. Anything for a best friend.

Danielle: Thanks Blake! You're the best.

Blake: I know.

I hung up. It's been almost a year since I've seen Danielle. She's my best friend. I was a better friend to her than my ex Kayla, and those were her words. Now, it's the other way around, so she must really need me now.

There was a knock on the door.

Danielle: Blake, it's me!

Blake: Come in!

I opened the door for her, and hugged her. The hug lasted for a long time, because we missed each other. We would text sometimes, but never talk face to face, in danger of Kayla finding out. Kayla grew up in the same area, but Danielle didn't talk to her much. Only me and her stupid friend Cassidy. Kayla and I started dating when we were 21, but she moved to L.A. with her "new" friend Danielle, so it wouldn't work out and we broke up. I moved to L.A. shortly after, to be with my best friend, Danielle.

Danielle: I've missed you, a lot.

Blake: Come sit down. I also have something important to tell you.

Danielle: Not as important as what I have to SHOW you.

She pulled up her sleeve, revealing 4 cuts on her left arm,

Blake: Danielle!

Danielle: Blake, I'm sorry. It was because of my parents...

Blake: Its okay. Actually, what I had to say has a lot to do with your parents... I found out who killed them, and you won't like it.

Danielle: What?! Who?!

Blake: Cassidy....

Danielle: Really?!

Blake: Yes, I always tried to convince you that she was backstabber, but you were stubborn and refused to listen to me. She killed them and planned on killing you...But you grew on her and you guys became better friends, so she didn't want to anymore, and she couldn't tell you she did it or you wouldn't want to be friends with her.

Danielle: I appreciate you telling me Blake. I'm sorry for not talking to you.

Blake: It's fine.

Danielle's POV:

INCOMING CALL FROM: KAYLA😎

Danielle: Blake, Kayla's calling! I've gotta go!!! Bye, I'll text you later today!

Blake: Bye.

I answered the call after I closed Blake's door.

Danielle: Hello?

Kayla: Hey, where are you?

Danielle: The mall, why?

Kayla: I need you home. Now. It's Kalel. She.... She was in a car accident.