Chapter 21: Battle Scars amd Secrets

2 days later....

Danielle's POV:

Connor: WAKE UP! I WANNA FREAKING SWIM!

Connor jumped on my bed, trying to wake me up. I was pretending that I was still asleep.

Connor: Wake up or you'll never be kissed by me again and we won't get married!

Danielle: I'm up! That can't happen!

The other day I promised Connor that we could go to the apartment building's pool. Connor went into my bathroom and got changed into his bathing suit while I got changed into mine.

Connor: Am I allowed to come out now?

Danielle: Yes.

I had put on a coral colored ruffled bikini. Today was the day he'd find out about my "Battle Scars". But not just yet. My hair was long enough to cover them if I kept it down. I put a hair scrunchie on my wrist, then we walked to the pool, hand in hand. As we walked up to the pool, I pulled my hair up into a side pony. Connor wasn't behind me, but beside me, and I was going to make sure that he'd end up there.

Danielle: I'll jump in first.

Connor backed up, and I stepped forward. He saw them right away.

Connor: Hold up, what's on your back?!

Danielle: I was abused..... as a kid. By my g-gr-gr-grandmom. I lived with her, but she was abusive so when I turned 18 , Cassidy and I moved into a dingy little apartment....

Connor: Oh Danielle, it's okay, don't cry. You aren't with her anymore. You're here with me. If anyone tries to hurt you, I'll hurt them. Trust me.

Danielle: I-I love you Connor. Don't tell anyone. NO ONE knows, except Cassidy, and she's a-

Connor: Ssshhhhh. Don't cry.

He wiped my tears away with his thumbs. I took a few deep breaths.

Danielle: Now let's swim, shall we? We shall.

Connor: Joey reference, I called it! Wait, quick question.... What happened to your parents?

Connor's POV:

I knew I shouldn't have said that the moment I saw her face. She started crying hysterically.

Danielle: C-c-c-c-Connor........ The-the-they w-w-were m-m-m-m....... Murdered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHAT?! WHO MURDERED THEM? Who knows? Oh wait, I do! Dubai!

-Mila<3

P.S. That's my new catchphrase for when something crazy happens in the fanfic.