1%

Authors note: I wrote this story when I was in the 8-9th grade. It's kind of a mess and has really toxic characters.
CAST:
JUSTINE SKYE AS : MELANIE TUCKER
AUSTIN BUTLER AS : HUNTER LAWRENCE
PEYTON LIST AS: SKYLER HUGGINGS
AVAN JOGIA AS: RYAN DESLO

MELANIES POV
I quickly put in my shoes, and ran downstairs. I was late 10 minutes to be exact, and Skyler was outside waiting for me. I grabbed my backpack and ran out the house. "It's about time,Mel." She says clearly annoyed. "I'm sorry but if I knew Myles was going to actually leave me, I wouldn't have called you." I say. You see Myles is my brother. He has his own car but I don't even though we are only 1 year apart. When he said "I'm leaving" I actually thought he was joking. So when I saw a car drive by I panicked. My parents already left and Skyler was my only option. "Thanks anyway, love you." I say giving her a smile. She rolls her eyes and gives me a small smirk. We pull up to the school 5 minutes before the bell rings.

"Melanie Tucker and Skyler Huggings late?" My best friend Ryan asks. I roll my eyes. "We have 5 minutes to spare, Ryan. So we aren't technically late." He chuckles. "Okay I was just saying. It's a little not like you." He says. "Yeah well blame it all on Myles for leaving me this morning." I say. He laughs, but stops when I shoot him a glare. "Myles actually left you? What a great brother." He says sarcastically. "I couldn't believe it either. Good thing I was by the neighborhood when you called, Mel." Skyler said. "I know, I know, you're a life saver." I pretend to bow down. She laughs. "Damn right."  Our laughing is cut short when I hear someone call my name. I turn around to see Hunter Lawrence. Co-captain of the lacrosse team after Ryan. "Hey Hunter." I say. Hunter and I were friends. Ryan introduced us a while back, and we've been talking ever since. Some times we would meet up at the park and just talk. Oh yeah and my crush for 2 years.

"Hey Melanie." Hunter then waved to Skyler, but kind of ignored Ryan's presence. then turned his attention towards me. "Anything you need I ask. "Oh yeah well I just wanted to say can you come by my locker after school I have something really important I need to show you." I nod my head. "Sure." He gives me a small smile and goes back to his little group of friends. I turn back to Ryan and Skyler. "What was that about? Ryan asks.  I shush my shoulders. "What about you and Hunter, Ryan. You both seemed to ignore each other's presence." I say. He sighs. "Hunter and I are t friends anymore." He says. "Why what happened," Skyler asks. "It happened at lacrosse when Hunter decided that he was better than me and thinks he deserves to be the captain. So we made a deal. We did a match and he won." "And became the captain of lacrosse team." Skyler finishes. "What a jerk." She adds. "Was it really his fault? I ask. "I mean you agreed." " I dint agree, Melanie. He says getting a bit loud. "I agreed to play a match to see who's better, not for my spot on the team." He says. I put my hands up in surrender. "Alrighty then." I say. Just as the bell rings. Ryan hurriedly walks away from us. Skyler and I just glance at each other and shrug our shoulders.  (Skip classes)

Well I'm glad this day is over. More anxious to see what Hunter wants to tell me. I go to his locker, and see him standing and waiting for me.  A smile creeped on his face when he saw me. "Hey Hunty." I say. "Hunty?" He gives me a weird look. I just laugh. It's a bambii thing. "So what did you need to tell me? I ask. "Well remember that day when we went to the park, and you showed me those pictures you took of the Grand Canyon when your family went last summer? He asks. I nod my head. I only showed Hunter and my family those pictures. "Well I took photos of them, and I may or may not have sent them to Markus Mayheart." He says. I open my mouth in shock. Markus Mayheart was the CEO of a photography school in New York. I didn't know weather to be angry or happy. Angry that he took pictures, and sent them without my permission. "Before you get angry just hear me out." He says putting his hands on my shoulder. "He's going to be in town and wants to put them in the schools brochure." Now I smiled. I can't believe Hunter did this all for me. I quickly embraced him in a hug. We pull away and he continues to talk. "Tomorrow he wants to meet with you around 7. I'll of course be there, so I'll pick you up." He says. I smile. YESSS. "I'm going to need to your number." He says pulling out his phone. I gladly take it and out my number and saved myself as 'Melanie👸🏾' . He chuckled when he saw it. "I'll text you all the details, since my words were kinda all over the place." He says. I just nod and smile at him. His grayish green eyes are sparkling and look so happy. I hug him one more time and continue to walk outside.

I spot Myles's car and see that Skyler and Ryan are talking to him. They all stop talking when I arrive. "Why did Hunter have to say, you look happy so I'm guessing it's something good? Skyler asks. "I'll text you everything," I say. Her and Ryan just nod and walk away.  Myles and I drive home from there. What an exciting day. All thanks to Hunter Lawrence.