18%

"Feel free to take a sip of reality."

MELANIES POV
"So tell me Melanie, you're stuck on a stranded island, you have one phone call to make that'll help you, but you can't mention that you're stuck on an island. What do you do? Noah asks.

I sigh.

"Well how the hell am I supposed to get off the island then?" I ask raising my eyebrows.

Noah shakes his head.

"You gotta improvise Mel, think right on the spot." Noah says, drinking his Sprite.

"I honestly don't know, it's a hard decision." I say shrugging my shoulders.

Noah makes a tssk noise with his tongue. "Then sabes que, you're dead." He says nonchalantly.

"Thanks Noah for that thought." I say.

We were all hanging out at Hunter's house this time, in his basement. It was I, Natasha, Sky, Hunter and Noah.

It was a chill Saturday evening, and we were all just hanging out as a group. Not stressing about a dang thing.

"I'm going to go get some more snacks, whose coming? Hunter asks.

"'Me." I say getting up and grabbing the empty bowls so I can refill them.

Hunter and I walk up the stairs of his gigantic house.

We enter the kitchen and Hunter puts a new bag of popcorn into the microwave.

"So one of my most important lacrosse games is on Friday night, I would love it if you were there." He says smirking at me.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." I say. He smiles at me and leans in to give me a kiss.

But our session is disrupted when we hear someone clear their throat. behind us.

I pull away and turn to see a younger boy around the age of 15 standing there. He is like a spitting replica of Hunter.

"Oh Melanie. This is my younger brother, Daniel." He says.

My eyes widen in surprise. I had no idea Hunter had a younger brother. I was always under the impression that he was an only child.

"Hey Daniel, it's nice to meet you," I say reaching my hand out. He takes my hand and shakes it.

"You too." He says.

The sound of the microwave beeping takes us out of this awkward silence.

"Well we're going to be down stairs watching a movie , later Danny." Hunter calls.

"Don't call me that ass-wipe," Daniel shouts as we are half way down the stairs , causing me to let a chuckle.

"So what movie are we watching this time? Noah asks.

"Horror? Skyler suggests. I roll my eyes. Skyler is like the only girl who could watch horror movies back to back.

"No way. I know it's day time-" Natasha is cut off my the sound of my ringtone. I look over and see that Ryan is calling me.

I quickly grab my phone before Hunter can see the caller ID.

"Guys, I'll be back , I have to take this." I say getting up.

"And bring more snacks, you idiots just bought back one bowl of popcorn! Noah shouts. I nod my head.

Skyler began to say something but I was already half way up the stairs and didn't hear what she was saying.