9%

MELANIES POV

I stepped out the house to be greeted with a huge gust of wind to my face. It was September, which means it's getting colder. Poor Rowan, had her birthday right in the cold.

I guess it wasn't completely a bad thing. Fall was a very nice time. I'm glad I dressed warmly. I had an sweater on with jeans , and black ugg boats.

I looked around my yard until I spotted Ryan's car a bit off our driveway. I smiled and made my way over to him. Once I got in the car, I smiled of satisfaction, because his heat was on, and it felt great.

"Hey there," Ryan greeted me. I smiled and greeted him back.

"Why are you so happy?" He asked. Smiled even wider.

"Hunter and i's first date is today." I say.

Ryan just nods. "What are you guys doing," he asks.

I shrug my shoulders. "He just said to dress classy," I say nonchalantly.

"Speaking of Hunter, what happened to you guys? I ask.

Ryan does a long sigh. "We just fell off." He simply answered.

I decided to let it go and just get on with it.

We kept driving until we've arrived at Ryan's house. His house was the same as always.

"Well we're here." Ryan said taking the keys out of the ignition . I opened my door and waited for Ryan to come to the front door to unlock it.

We walked into the house, and made our way into the living room. There were boxes full of decor, waiting to be hung.

I took off my jacket, set it on the chair, and began opening the boxes.

"Are you hungry? Ryan asks me. I shook my head, no and continued with the boxes.

As I pulled out the decorations, I realized how well Ryan did picking out items for his sister's party.

"Nice job with the decor,Ryan," i complement him. He nods .

"I'm only like the best," he says I chuckle at him.

Ryan and I continue to take out decorations, and hang them.

After a while I had to use the bathroom, so I walk off to the bathroom.

RYANS POV

As Melanie went to the bathroom, I quickly grabbed my keys and put them underneath the couch seat. Why? You'll see later.

MELANIE

I dried my hands on my clothes as I exited the bathroom. Ryan was still hanging decor.

"Are you sure Rowan won't see any of this? I ask.

"I'm sure, my aunts bringing her later on, so she won't see the party til later on.

I nod my head and sit down on the carpet.

"So how's volleyball going?" He asks.

"We barely have a team. 3 practices , one game, and all the sudden we barely meet anymore." I say.

Ryan chuckles and nods his head. "Hows your photography thing going?" He asks.

"I don't do much of that either anymore. Although I need to." I say. Oh," says Ryan.

We sit there for a moment and finishing the rest of the decor. By the time we finish it all, it was a bit dark outside.

I check my phone and go to see I have only 30 minutes before Hunter picks me up.