2%

HUNTER^

Melanie's POV
Today is the day. The day I meet with Markus. First impressions are everything. I woke up feeling nervous as ever, yet the fact that I was shaking putting on my dress. Oh my gosh, this was one of the number one schools in all of america, and my pictures are going to be in their brochure.
I smiled, I can't believe Hunter did this all for me.
Especially since we barley talk, but it was such a kind gesture for him to do.
I honestly don't know how to ever repay him.
I quickly made my way down , and saw my mom had already prepared a
Nice breakfast for me. I smiled when I saw it. "Aw thanks mom." I answered.
She smiled in response. "Now eat up and don't look so glum. You need to be
excited for this." My mom being a lawyer of course took everything professional. So this was very normal of her.

I finished eating, right when Hunter texted me he was outside. I did a mental back flip and hurried out.
When I got into the car he greeted me with that signature warm smile of his.
"How are you feeling," he asks. "Nervous," I respond. He put his hand over mine
A thousand butterflies flew around my stomach. He looked me in the eye.
"Don't be. We're okay," he whispers. Why is he whispering? Lmao.

He sped off to the mystery location where we were meeting at. It wasn't
such a mystery anymore because it was as plain and casual. Starbucks.
So much for a professional meeting place. I couldn't complain, though, nobody said we
were meeting in his office. The car came to a stop and Hunter hopped out, like he was
excited or something. I kinda just stayed in the car and took a couple deep
breathes. "Melanie, what are you doing? Hunter asks when he realizes I'm still in the
car. "I'm just really, really nervous." I sigh. Hunter looks at me. "Mel."  Mel? Where did that come from. He never calls me that. Only my family and Skyler. "Look here." He says. I turn my head. "It's not like any things bad coming out of this? Remember he wants to put your photos in his brochure, and if anything bad comes out of it, it's going to be for him. So why are you so nervous? He asks. He was right. Nothing bad can come out of this for me. So why was I so nervous. "You're right." I say unbuckling my seat belt. Let's do this. He smiles. "That's my girl," he says while opening the door for me. My smile got bigger, what a great choice of words Hunter. Way to make me feel extra....confident...

Hunter and I walked out a Starbucks with normal faces. We didn't want to seem weird and humiliate ourselves in Starbucks, so we waited until we were out to do a mini celebration. "They're going to put my photos in the broshure." I say. "They're also giving  you 1500 to keep it in there for the next 7 months." Hunter adds. I just couldn't contain by excitement at this point. "Hunter thank you so much, what in the world would I do without you, thanks so much." I say giving him a tight embrace. He laughs and hugs me back. "Anything for you." He says. When he said that, it kinda made me think. why  me though all of the sudden. "Hey Hunter? I ask. He nods his head signaling me to ask my question. "Why did you do this for me?  He sighs. "Well, my dad knows Markus personally, and I showed him some of your photos, and he liked them. So he showed them to Markus, and Markus liked them. I knew you had a thing for photography, and I have a thing for you. So why not," he says. Did I hear that right? "Hunter is this your way of telling me you like me? I ask. If so this was a dream come freaking true. " I didn't know how else to do it, Melanie." He simply says. I fold my arms over my chest. "How about approaching me and telling me how you feel." I chuckle. "I didn't know if you felt the same way or not, and I was afraid of rejection." He states. "Hunter you're like the cutest guy ever." How could you, of all people, be afraid of rejection." He chuckles. "Well I didn't know how to approach you honestly, not to be racist or anything but you're... I don't know... Black, and it might be different to talk to you." I bust out laughing. He's so shy and it's adorable. I ruffle his hair. "There's nothing scary about approaching black girls, Hunty." I say and droop my arm around his shoulder, as we walk back to his car.