20%

MELANIE

For the past 2 games that Hunter has been in,he never ceases to amaze me.

The way he runs, and plays is smoothly, and knowing that's my man is that more satisfying.

I smile as a loud horn rings through my ears signaling that practice is over.

I watch as the guys all huddle up around the coach, break and go their separate ways. Of course Hunter comes my way, along with Noah.

"Nice work out there," I say handing them both their bottle of water.

"Thank god practice is over. Man being one of the best teams sure does wear you out." Noah sighed as he sat down next to me on bench.

" I'd say." Hunter agrees.

"Well you both are amazing and should be proud of yourselves." I compliment them.

"You sound like my mom," Hunter says.

Noah laughs.

"Papito you're a star." Noah mocks his mothers heavy Spanish accent.

We all chuckle at that.

"Anyway I'll meet up with y'all later, gotta get home," he says giving me a hug, and doing his guy hand shake thingy with Hunter.

"Come to my house? Hunter asks when we both stand up to leave.

"Sure sounds nice," I say while giving him a kiss.

We both hop in his car and I turn on the radio to hear Ariana Grande's 'No Tears Left To Cry' on the radio.

We make it to Hunter's house in no time and I see 2 parked cars in the driveway.

"Looks like mom and dad are home." He says shutting off the engine. I nod my head. I've met Hunter's parents before so it really want a big deal.

We both get out of the car and walk through the front door.

We were making our way up the stairs when Hunter's dad called his name. We turned back around and made our way to where the voice came from.

We walked in kitchen and I saw Hunter's parents, and Daniel sitting at the dining table.

"Hi Mr. And Mrs. Lawrence," I greet Hunter's parents.

"Hello Melanie." Mrs.Lawrence greets me with her usual sweet smile.

"We were wondering if you wanted to stay for dinner? She asks.

"Sure if that's fine with you guys." I say.

"Oh don't you worry, Melanie, you're always welcome to stay with us for dinner." She says.

"It'll be ready soon we'll let you guys know." Mr.Lawrence says.

I nod my head and Hunter and I head out the kitchen.

"Well I have to go take a quick shower," Hunter says stopping at the bottom of the stairs.

"Want to join me? He asks.

I scoff at him.

"Go take your shower." I say.

He chuckles and goes up the stairs skipping every other two. Athletes. I can barley skip one step.

I walk up to his living room where I see his father sitting and reading a news paper.

I sit on the opposite couch.

"So Melanie. How's school going? He asks putting down his news paper, and putting his full attention on me.

"Schools going pretty fine. It's tough because senior year is next year, and I want to have a nice and clean GPA, so I quit my extracurriculars to have a manageable study schedule," I explain.

He nods his head. "Sometimes you have to make those sacrifices. What extracurriculars were they? He asks.

"Volleyball and photography." I answer.

"Photography? What about your scholarship?

"It's not like I really quit photography, I just had to put it on hold because I was confused on what I wanted to do for a while." I answered  honestly.

He sighs and nods his head.

"Well what I do know, is that you're wonderful and have a real talent for photography." He says giving me a smile.

I smile. "Thanks, that's what seems to be what everyone is saying."

He gives me a smile.

I excuse myself and walk into the kitchen to see if Mrs.Lawrence needs any help making dinner.

"Oh no, it's all under control." She says.

"Mrs.Lawrence, I insist, it's no problem really." I say.

She smiles and tells me that I could help set the table, and get the drinks from the fridge.

I do as I'm instructed, and finish everything in no time whatsoever.

"Thank god foods ready," Daniel says walking closer to the dinner table.

His mom stops what she's doing, and puts her hands on her hips.

"You boys are so lazy." She sighs and finishes putting the food on the table.

Just as she does, Hunter comes down the stairs, and into the kitchen putting his arm around me.

"I'm back," he says kissing my cheek.

"I see that." I giggle.

Soon everyone is in the kitchen and we all seated and eating. "So Melanie, how's your family doing? Mrs.Lawrence makes conversation.

"They're doing pretty good." I answer.

She nods her head.

"Hunter don't forget..our trip to Turkey is next week so you and Daniel get the house to yourselves. No shenanigans," his dad says sternly while Daniel and Hunter high five each other.

"I don't want to come back to a messy house so clean this damn place while I'm gone, okay? Hunter's mom asks.

I hold in my laugh. I wasn't use to hearing his mother talk like that.

"Yes ma'am." Hunter says.

I chuckle at his response.

We all finish our food, and as usual I help put things away.

"Thanks for the food Mrs.Lawrence, it was amazing." I express my gratitude.

She chuckles. "Don't worry, and please, call me Holly." She says.

I nod my head.

Hunter grabs my hand and leads me upstairs to his bedroom.

This want the first time I've been in Hunter's room. His room is grey and black themed and pretty neat for a boys room.

Hunter lays down on his bed and I take the position on top of him, and he places his hands on my waist.

"Talk to me." I say.

He chuckles.

"What about?

"I don't know tell me anything." I say.

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "Damn Melanie, I don't know what to you." He chuckles.

We just sit there for a while staring at each other's eyes when he grabs me softly by the neck, and pulls me down to kiss him.

I immediately melt into the kiss and kiss him back.

I'm kissing him, but as I happen to look up on his desk, my eyes spot something.

I immediately pull away and grab it from his desk.

"Steroids Hunter? Are you freaking kidding me?" I ask.