16%

MELANIES POV

I woke up the next morning with a light headache. Thanks to Noah, it wasn't that bad.

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand to see that it was three in the afternoon already. I sighed and lifted the covers off of me.

It was only three hours before I had to go and meet Hunter, and to say the least, I was nervous. Things between us were a bit confusing, and I had no idea what I'd say to him, or how things would go.

I walked to the bathroom and took a shower, and then proceed to put my hair into a bun.

I walked down the hallway to see Myles still asleep in bed. I rolled my eyes but chuckled at him. No wonder the house was dead silent.

By the time I finished all of this it was only 4:30, so I decided to sit down and watch tv for a minute.

I also opened my phone and decided to go through Instagram, and browse through the feed. I saw a few pictures from last night, and that reminded me of how drunk Skyler was. I texted her to make sure she was okay.

Mel: Hey Sky, did you make it home safely ?

Sky; killer headache, but yea.😖😘

I shut off my phone as I got her last response, and went back to Instagram.

I saw a picture of the lacrosse team. Only thing was everyone was smiling, but Hunter. I stared at the picture some more before scrolling past it.

After a few minutes on Instagram, I went back to watching tv. BGC was on.

What a classic.

By the time the episode of BGC episode was done, it was time for me to get going . I grabbed the car keys off the counter, and sent Myles a text letting him know where I was going.

I made my way over to CeCe's café, and spotted Hunter sitting at a seat by the window.

Before I entered I sat there and took a few deep breaths. This was going to be a little hard for me. I sat there, and calmed my self down, and tried to get my nerves under control.

Finally I was all calm, and worked up the courage to get out of the car.

I made my way into the building, and I walked over to where Hunter was sitting.

When he saw me his eyes seemed to gleam in happiness.

"Melanie , you came." He said with a smile making it way on his face. I gave him a small smile and say down on the chair across from him.

I looked on the table to see that Hunter already ordered me a hot chocolate. I smiled and thanked him for it.

"You said you wanted to explain everything. So go ahead and explain everything."

He nodded his head and began.....
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Why didn't you just tell me you were in this situation Hunter? I would have believed you, and we could have talked, and worked something out." Why make a bet on me in the first place, like I'm some sort of object? I asked him.

He shook his head.

"I don't know Melanie. I just didn't feel like I could tell you. I felt like you would believe Ryan because even though you may not see it, you and Ryan have this...bond. You knew him forever , and I felt like he could easily use that against me."

I looked at Hunter and sighed.

"Hunter. I'm giving you a second chance. A second chance to be with me, a second chance to be honest with me, and a second chance for us. Don't mess it up I say looking at him dead in the eye.