13%

MELANIES POV-

"Thanks for the ride." I tell Hunter as I give him a kiss.

Who knew. This may be my last time kissing Hunter depending on what's on that audio file. If it's even legit.

"Anything for you." He says as we pull away. I gave a small smile. I started walking up to my house when I turned around.

"Hey is there anything I need to know? I ask him.

He looks around confused.

"Not at all." He says flashing me pearly whites. I nod my head and go in.

<><><><><><

I walked into the house and shut the door behind me. I placed my bag down and ran upstairs.

I opened the door to my room, and threw my backpack in the other direction, not caring what it hit.

Okay maybe I did care what it hit.

I ignored it anyway, and grabbed my phone out and went to my messages. I clicked on the one from the anonymous person and was about to click the audio file when my name was called.

I rolled my eyes.

"I'll be down, I'm just changing." I said.

I came back into my room, and this time clicked the audio file.

"So how's it going with Melanie? A voice that was unrecognizable asked.

"Pretty good man," the second person said who I immediately knew was Hunter.

"So she doesn't suspect a thing? The other voice asked.

That's when my heart sank.

Suspect what?

"Not at all." Hunter says with a chuckle. "Clueless."

The other person lets out a laugh.

"Nice." He says and they both start laughing.

Then the audio cut off.

I felt a little prick in my eyes. And heart.

Although, I can't believe it so quickly.

How do I know you're not just messing with me? Do you really expect me to believe this crap?!

I type my fingers hitting the keyboard harshly. After all this was some anonymous person behind a screen.

I had a feeling you'd say that.

The person said back. Then my phone buzzed, this time it was a video.

This time it was the same words said,but it was clear as day. It was Hunter talking to one of his lacrosse goons.

Tears immediately filled my eyes.

All this time that I thought Hunter was genuinely happy, and interested in me, it's all been a lie.

A stupid lie, bet or whatever?

Why pretend to like me. Why do all this stuff just to what get accepted by idiots?