25%

MELANIE

Geometry, History, Science and Economics were just a few of the subjects I had spread out on the table.

The SATS were in a 2 weeks and me being me, I decided to study at the last moment.

I was seriously beginning to regret that choice.

I sighed in defeat and shut my Geometry book.

When it came to geometry I was trash. Ryan use to be the to help me all the time.

Ever since that day where I caught Ryan and Cassidy scheming on hunter in the library, I've avoided both of them.

I just couldn't believe Ryan was throwing away 5+ years of friendship like that.

It actually made me really sad. I thought we could work this out some way, but I guess not.

I should've just listened to hunter in the first place.

I sign closing my books and throwing away the empty Oreos wrapper I had on my table.

I pulled out my phone and went straight to Twitter.

Amongst being on twitter for 2 minutes I was already cracking up.

Twitter just hits different when you're suppose to be doing your homework.

I shook my head and continued on social Media until I came across an ad on Instagram for College, which made me stop.

It's very close to the end one the year. I'm a junior and need to have my stuff together.

I have yet to accept the Photography scholarship.

If I don't accept it, then I have nowhere to go for college.

And then again is the L.A life for me?

My parents already think I accepted the scholarship, and you know once your parents know, the whole family knows.

I took a deep breath and walked over to my drawers and pulled out my camera, and the brochure with my pictures in them.

I looked around in my camera, and the brochure as well.

I smiled at some of the things that I don't remember taking pictures of, but glad that I did.

After a while of looking in my camera, and giving it very hard thought, I made my mind up.

This is what I want to do.

I got up from my bed and opened my computer to my email, and began writing to Markus.
___________✍🏾
At school

The bell rang symbolizing the start of a new period. Lucky for me, it was one of my favorites. History.

I picked up my books and began walking to history , when I'm stopped.

I look up to see it was Ryan.

I rolled my eyes, and tried to walk past him, but he blocks my way.

"Ryan I need to get to history." I say.

"Can we please talk? He asks with pleading eyes.

I shake my head. "There's nothing to talk about." I said.

He runs his hands through his hair.

"Why are you avoiding me? He asks.

I scoff at him.

"Well I don't know take a guess." I say.

He squints his eyes at me and shakes his head at me.

"I want things to go back to how they were. Before all this drama. Before all these problems...before Hunter."

And there it is.

"Ryan. Hunter is my boyfriend. Whether you like that or not. You chose to blackmail him, and me, sabotage him."

"And you lost my respect. So things can't go back the way they were before. And that's your fault. Not Hunter's. So when I say I'm cutting you off. It's my decision. Not hunters." I say walking away.

"I can't do this without you Mel. Please don't do this to me." He says softly.

I pause for a moment.

"I'm sorry Ryan. But you did this to yourself." I said as I start walking again.

"But you're all I want. You're all I have." (If you know, you know lmao)
He says.

I ignore him and continue walking.

I can't deal with all this. Not today. School was already stressful as it is.

I don't need more on my plate.
____________
We all sat at our table eating lunch.

For some reason everyone was all hype and energetic today.

Everyone but me.

"Hey Mel? What's wrong?

I shake my head.

"You still thinking about what happened earlier? Hunter asks, looking at me.

I nod my head.

"I can't help but be worried about him. I'm scared somethings wrong with him." I say.

"Melanie." Noah begins

"Trust me when I say that dude is just nuts. Although I understand your concern about him, he's fine. Just a sore loser."

"Yeah. If he was really your friend, he wouldn't have done all those things to you or hunter, and put you through that." Natasha chimes in.

"You're right." I say lowly.

"Melanie. Just trust us. We know. Ryan is just sulking around because his plan to sabotage our relationship didn't work. He's fine. Just upset." Hunter reassures me.

"Yeah. Maybe." I say giving him a smile.

He returns the smile and pecks me on the lips.

But I just couldn't help but shake off the feeling that something was wrong.

Very wrong.
_______
Y'all when I tell you this book is about to take a turn.
Whew Chile. 💀