(hunter meets Mel's parents)

24 may
MELANIE
Here I was, Wednesday night, books and notebooks all in front of me. In 2 days, I'll be taking the SATs. In 3 weeks, summer begins.

I wasn't the typical person and procrastinate , and start studying the day before.

In my house, that was a huge NO.

I sighed as I closed my book, and tried to repeat what I just studied, and let out a growl of frustration when I couldn't do it.

'Relax Mel, and try again' I told myself.

I did so, and nearly threw all my books across the room when I couldn't do it.

Whatever, I thought to myself. I'll just move onto something else.

I sat there studying, copying, and highlighting all the important things in the book. Basically the whole book.

I was midway through the second paragraph when I heard my phone go 'Ping'

I grabbed my phone and saw it was hunter.

"Wanna come over? The text read

"Can't studying." I replayed.

"Great, come study with me."- H

"I don't know... you might distract me.🤔" i wrote back.

"I promise I won't. Or I can come over..something..I want to see you :) -H

I smiled at the last text.

"Fine, come to my house. My parents have been dying to properly meet you." I sent.

"yess, can't wait to see you.

I couldn't help the stupid grin that came to my face. Hunter and I have been dating for 6 months and as many times as I go over his house , he still gets excited to see me.

It still made my heart flutter.

I ran down stairs to tell my parents before they were shocked that a random white boy was standing at their door.

When I approached the living room, they were all already in there.

"Mom, daddy, Hunter is coming over to study." I say.

My mom turns around in her seat.

"That's good, we can finally have a conversation with this boy." She says.

I look to my dad and he gives me a nod and smile.

I smile back at him and go upstairs to clean my room a little.

A few minutes later, I hear a knock on my door, and practically sprint downstairs.

I open the door, and obviously it was hunter.

"Hey." I say in more of a breath than actual words.

"Hi." He says with a big smile.

I welcome him into the house and lead him to the living room where my parents were.

"Mom, daddy, this is hunter." I spoke first .

"Hello Mr, and Mrs.Tucker He says fretting my father with a hand shake and my mom with a hug and surprisingly, a kiss on the cheek which makes her giggle.

Well okay.

"So hunter sit down, tell me about yourself." My mom says.

"Well, I am captain of the lacrosse team, I have a younger sibling named Daniel, my parents work for United Nations so their constantly traveling, and oh yeah I like weightlifting."

The last parent makes my dad laugh.

"Any idea what you're going to do after school? My mom asks.

"Yes actually I have quite a few schools offering me scholarships to play for them, I'm hoping to make my decision by next March." He says.

My mom nods her head .

"Well, I'll let you guys go on and do your thing." She says.

"Nice meeting you." He waves back to them

——————————

I'm sorry this was a very short chapter but I wanted to show how hunter met Mel's parents.
- [ ]