6%

MELANIES POV

"Ryan where are you taking me? I asked anxiously. "Wait and see," he answered. I roll my eyes. We have been driving for the longest, and I didn't know where we were. We were in the woods, I could tell by a bunch of trees, and 'hooting' sounds, also the mountains of snow that was on top of them. It was now September, and fall was approaching at the end of the week. It was only Monday though.  "Ryan what am I suppose to tell my mom when she's  asks where I'm at? I question. "Say you're with Ryan." He answers casually. I just nod my head. My mom knows Ryan, but she wouldn't appreciate it if I was to go off somewhere without telling her.

After about 19 more minutes we finally pull up to the place and I couldn't believe it. It was the place Skyler, Ryan and I use to go to all the time as kids. 'Aunt Floras Pizzeria." We stopped going after it got relocated, but I guess Ryan found it. "Ryan how did you find this place? I ask in awe. He just shrugs. "took some time but I found a guy." I laughed at his tone and open the car door. When he's out I give him a big hug. We stand there hugging for a but when I realize how this looks. I quickly pull away.

"Melanie, what's wrong.? He asks clearly confused. "Nothing, it's just that I don't want people to get the wrong idea of us, I'm with Hunter." I say. His smile fades a bit. "It's okay, and I don't want people getting the wrong idea of us as well." He says. I smile at him. So we both had an understanding. "Anyway, let's go." I say loud and excitedly, that makes him and chuckle. I grab his hand and we go into the store together. Now this was going to be fun. Pizza and drinks, oh yeah.

We got into the place and we both take a seat at the booth. The smells of candy ,cheese, and its toppings fill our nostrils, and I Inhale. "So how's volleyball going? Ryan brews of a conversation. I roll my eyes. "Kill me now." He chuckles at my response. "I've always liked volleyball, but I didn't know playing on a team would be this much work. There's a lot of restless nights, but it doesn't matter." I say. "Why? He asks. "You sort of get used to it. The restless nights, tired bones, but it means hard work." I say, and flex with the small muscle I have. He chuckles, "That's my girl." He says. Then soon a worker comes over to our table.  "Hey guys, I'm Ariana and I'll be your waiter, would you want a small, medium, large. Made, or DIY." She questions. I then hear my phone go off. I was reaching for my phone when I realized how rude I would be. She's waiting for me to order while I open my phone. I'll get that later. "Oh sorry, a medium, and DIY." I say. I reach for my wallet, but I see Ryan has already payed for us. I mouth a thanks, and we get up to make our costume pizzas.

"Thanks again for paying for me." I say as I put some tomato sauce on my pizza. "No problem," he says. When we finish putting our toppings on, we sit back down. "So what's going on in your life? I ask him. "Nothing much. Just somethings been on my chest." He says. "Well what's been on your chest? I ask. He shrugs his shoulders. "Can't say just yet." I nod my head. I can respect that. "Are you signing up for any teams, clubs? I ask. He chuckles. "Did you forget I was on the lacrosse team, Melanie. Hello, captain." He says in a duh tone. I smack my head. How could I forget. "Im so sorry, of course you are, how could I forget this only happened three months ago." He chuckles . "Melanie, it's fine." I pull out my phone. "Selfie for snapchat? I ask. He just laughs and nods his head. There's a thing I do, I always take pictures when I'm with someone it was just a thing. I put the caption 'pizza day' , and  the flower crown filter which makes Ryan rolls his eyes. "I look like a girl." He says. I laugh at his words. A pretty girl. We finish our yogurt in silence, and as were about to go home, I get a text. I pull out my phone to see its Hunter.

I actually had 2 texts from Hunter. 1 about an hour and 45 minutes ago saying 'where are you? And another, about 2 minutes ago saying 'are you serious right now.' I was utterly confused so I called Hunter. He picked up after the second ring. "Hello? He answered, and didn't sound too happy. "Yes? I ask. He sighs. "where are you? He asks. "Getting pizza with Ryan, why? He sighs again. "Melanie I was waiting for you guys for a long time, I called you wondering where you were, and you guys are out getting pizzas with Ryan? He asks obviously annoyed. Although i was confused to why he was annoyed. "Okay Hunter you're decorating with Cassidy, what's the problem." I ask. "I'm not with Cassidy. That's tomorrow Melanie." He simply says. "No, Cassidy said it was today." I say. "Melanie. It's tomorrow." He says. I sigh when I realize it's his project, and he knows the dates. I must've got it wrong. "I'm sorry, I heard Cassidy wrong." "You think? He asks with a chuckle. I chuckle a bit after him. "I'm really sorry. We're on our way, I'll call Tim then, promise." I say. He mutters a goodbye, and hangs up. I wonder if he's mad at me.

"You ready to go? Ryan asks as he sees I'm off the phone. I nod my head, and we go into the car. Although I had a really great time, I hope Hunter isn't mad at me.