10%

MELANIE--

"What do you mean?"

Hunter sighed. "I mean what I said Melanie. All ties with him, everything." Hunter said .

"You can't make me do that." I said getting angry. If he thinks I'm going to let him tell me who to be friends with, he's wrong.

"Do you not see how much time you spend with him Melanie? You missed our first date, you blew me off to hang with Ryan plenty of times." Hunter said.

"I've apologized many times for that, you know that. Ryan and I are strictly friends, and you shouldn't be threatened by him." I say stepping closer to him.

"I'm not, but when you spend all your time with him, how do you think it makes me feel? He said now wearing a sad expression.

My heart softens for him then. Hunter was hurt by my actions and you could clearly see that. He wasn't jealous or angry, but sad and hurt.

I let out a deep sigh.

"Hunter," I  say and walk over to the hammock and sit Hunter down with me.

"I'm really, really sorry for missing our first date. I never meant to hurt you like this. I promise I will make it up to you, and that I see Ryan as just a best friend." I say

Hunter sighs and nods his head.

" I feel extremely bad for missing our first date. You know it meant everything to me. I feel absolutely terrible about how I spoiled our first date. It was never planned. I'm really, really sorry." I say again.

"I know you are, but don't beat yourself up about it," he said pulling me in for a hug.

I hugged him back tightly. I was glad that we could get passed this quickly.

We stayed like this for a bit before he pulled away.

"What time is it? Hunter asked me.

I pulled out my phone and checked the time. "9:21 why? I asked looking up at him.

"Crazy burger is open til' 11:30." He says giving me a smirk.

My smile grows big.

"You thinking what I'm thinking? He asks. I smile and nod my head.

We both get up and head for his car. When we get in I strap on my seat belt and immediately turn on the heat.

Hunter laughs at my actions, and drives to Crazy Burger.

When we pull up to the restaurant, we go through the drive-thru and order. "Hi, I'll have a.." Hunter says looking at me.

"Burger with a milkshake. And fries! I say.

Hunter chuckles at the last part.

He orders the same thing but gets a coke instead.

When we get our food, Hunter parks in the parking lot and we lay our seats down a bit and began eating our food and talking.

"How's lacrosse going? I asked Hunter.

"Pretty well, but the season doesn't start until later. Noah and I have been practicing together." He says putting a fry into his mouth.

I nod my head.

"What's going on with you?" He asks.

"Well for volleyball, we barley have a team." I answer nonchalantly.

"What about photography, Mel? He asks.

I sigh. "I don't really know."

"I think you should stick with photography he says." I chuckle. That's what Ryan said.

"Yeah. A lot of people seem to think so." I say.

"They're right. Mel, your photos are on a brochure for one of the best photography schools! Imagine if you keep taking photos, what other great opportunities might come with it." He says.

I smile at him. Maybe he was right.

"Maybe. I'll give it another go."

"Oh yes you will. I will buy you another camera if I have too! He says.

I chuckle.

"Thanks Hunter, you already did a lot for me." I say giving him a peck.

"No problem. Just do whatever makes you feel happy." He says.

"Photography does make me feel happy, but sometimes I just can't help but feel bored of it, you know?

"It's going to feel that way. Don't feel pressured to do it Mel. Like I said. Do what makes you happy. But if you feel it's boring, than try taking photos of not only land, and grass, but when your out and having fun, document your adventures. Things that make him happy." He said.

"Or people that make you happy." I threw in there.

He laughed at my comment.

"Exactly. Just have fun with it." He said.

I smiled at Hunter. Who knew he was such a motivator.

"You should be a motivational speaker." I told him.

He scoffed at my comment.

"Absolutely not." He said.

"Hey Hunter? I said after a few moments of silence.

"Yes." He answered.

"Do you consider this a date? I asked.

He chuckled at my comment.

"It's whatever you want to call it." He simply says.

-

We Pull into my drive way, and park the car.

"Thanks for taking me out Hunter, I really appreciate it. I'm sorry again for missing out on our date." I say looking into his eyes.

"hey, don't worry about it. It's fine. " he says.

I smile and kiss him in the cheek.

"Goodnight," I say. And he returns the favor.

I turn in my heels, and get ready to open the front door when before I can open it, it already opens.

My mom was standing at the door.

"Oh hey mom." I greeted her.

"She smiled and returned the favor.

"Why don't you invite Hunter over for dinner one of these days? She asks once we are in the kitchen.

I shrug my shoulders. "I'll call him and ask." I answer.

----
Hey guys, I just wanted to give you all a little heads up that school started back up again for me a while ago and I will try and update as much as possible. Thanks!
COMMENT
AND VOTE🌙