Prologue

I was always considered the "chosen one" by my friends and family. No explanation or questions asked, I just was. Everything was handed to me on a golden platter, nothing too far out of reach for my perfectly manicured hands. I was the Gamma's daughter, after all, and that required a lavish life style according to my family and pack's hierarchy.

Yes, I am a werewolf. My name is Alicia Gray, and I came from a long line of prominent and strong wolves, ones that never took no for an answer. Apparently that demanded respect. Respect even if I was a brat, just because of who my parents or great grandparents were.

Some would see this as unfair or unjust, ranking someone higher just because of their bloodline. In my pack's eyes, the Blood Moon Pack, they saw it differently. They saw it as perfectly reasonable to make me look better than an ordinary pack member. What better way to rub it in their faces that I mattered more than by giving me a million dollar lifestyle.

The thing that I found sad was that no one ever stood up against them. Yes, a lot of the wolves disagreed greatly, but unless you wanted to spend your night rotting in the dungeon and your head chopped off at dawn it was considered best to keep your mouth shut.

I had never known anything better than what I had grown up with - the motto that said I was better than everyone else. No one had ever shown me different.

That's why I think the day I got kidnapped really did flip my life around, not only by separating me from my family, but also showing me a new way to act. A way to become a better, more respected person, not just by social status.

It was during a rogue attack. The skillful organized group attacked with one great intention - to get a valuable asset from the pack. At first I thought it was an old pack member who had been shunned for standing up against the leadership, but the more time I spent listening, the farther from the truth that tale became. From the nights I stayed up listening from my cell into the corridors, I learned that they wanted to make the pack weaken after taking someone dear to them.

From the boasting the guards had done from time to time, it seemed as though their thought out tactics were working. The pack sounded like they were scrambling to find me, the Gamma's only daughter. For the Blood Moon Pack, that was significant.

My father had five children, with me being the youngest and the only girl. My four older brothers had found it as their job to protect me. During the abduction that night, 2 of them had gotten swept up in the mix and taken with me, although I hadn't seen them since.

I was also the only girl other than the wives in both the Alpha and Beta's families. Each had one son to take their role once they were through, along with my oldest brother, Cody. When they reached the rightful ruling age of 19, and the alpha had a mate at his side, their time to rule would come.

I knew the alpha's son fairly well, we did grow up together after all. His name was Tyler McElroy, a prominent figure in the pack. I never really experienced a bad side of him - but I was his childhood friend after all. Even at a young age, he had everything the guys around him wanted : the fame, the looks, the confidence, the wave of power.

We used to go on runs together, it looking odd with his giant black wolf darting through the wood with a small silver wolf bolting to keep up. I guess you could say I had some self confidence when I was younger, but the minute others compared me to Tyler, my walls would fall. I would think of myself as a semiconscious freak, scaring all my friends and family away.

I still remembered the one time we had found ourselves, just Tyler and I, sitting on the edge of a small stream that ran through the woods. I can still feel the wind in my hair and the sun beating down on my cheeks whenever my mind flashes back to it.

"What do you think your mate is going to be like?" Tyler had spoken quietly, glancing over at me as I stuck my toes in the water. The night before, we had all sat down - my brothers, Tyler, and the Beta's son, Damion - to talk about soul mates, or mates for short. They were your other half, your reason for existence. It had always fascinated Tyler, and I knew he would only get the best person paired up with him.

"Oh, I don't know. I know he'll probably be kind and understanding. He'll kind of get me in his own little way. He'll always want to make me happy, just like my brothers." I blinked quickly, removing myself from my daydream of thoughts. "What about you, Ty?"

"Well, I know for a fact she will be the hottest girl on the planet. Like Sabrina hot." Tyler had recently been seeing a girl named Sabrina, and I had to admit she was drop dead gorgeous. Yes, I may have been 8 and Tyler may have been 10 at the time, but we still ventured onto this topic. "I know I'll probably best friends with her, like we are," the smile that lit up his face was contagious, and soon I found myself doing the same.

It may have seemed weird to some that an eight and ten year old that weren't related hung out together, but since we had grown up in the same group of kids, we found it normal. He spent time with other friends more his age, of course, and I spent time with mine, but we found it natural to also spend time with each other.

After hearing his response on mates, I soon realized that maybe not only was his smile was reflected onto my face, but that his personality also had an effect on me. Someday, was I going to judge people solely on their appearance, or what actually mattered deep down in their heart?

I had wanted to prevent that from happening, from turning into a self absorbed snob, but I had no role model to look up to. No one that could lead the example that took me away from my ever-looming future.

So, when the rogue attack occurred, sometimes I think it was for the better. Instead of being the weak and protected Gamma's daughter I was, I turned into a trained professional.

The attack was strategic. They stormed buildings from the outer layer of the territory until they reached the center, where they took me and my two older brothers, leaving my family and pack in shambles. I had only been eight at the time of the attack, wondering if I would ever find my mate when I turned 18. If I would ever get a life outside of the nightmare I was currently living.

I was kept in a small dark cell for most of my time, but other times I was taken out to train. I heard stories through the walls of prisoners being tortured and killed in other parts of the facility, but I was luckily kept away from that.

The rogues had one plan : to train us. Now whether it was to be a member of an army or for the fun of it, I never found out. That's because the week before my eighteenth birthday, I planned my escape.

...

Hey everyone!

I know this chapter may be a little more on the boring side, but please read the full thing so you know what is going on!

So.. what do you guys think?

Keep me posted!

-HEXODUS :D