Chapter Four

Alicia's POV:

When I arrived at school the next morning, I really didn't know what to expect. Maybe that everyone would simultaneously recognize as the girl that was kidnapped 10 years ago. Or maybe that they would all give me blank stares as they watched the 'new' girl enter the building. Come on guys, I'm not that new.

I had decided that my first impression was important, so instead of coming in with my hair in a messy bun and bragging about how I held more power than everyone, I walked in with my head held high. I brushed back my long flowing hair hanging down my back with a small layer of make up on. I was wearing dark skinny jeans with a light grey sweater on top with combat boots for protection against the chilling weather.

When I pushed open the doors to the entrance of the school, everybody stopped to watch me pass. Normally, I would've heard whispers behind my back and I would've strutted down the hall like the insecure snob I was. Now, though, a pin could be dropped across the campus and you would've heard it. All the guys drooled over me and the girls shot looks of jealousy.

After I had received my schedule from the front office, I found my locker, which was in a dark corner of the school. Just great. I stuffed all my books in the bag I had brought with me, not knowing which ones I would need first. I would rather be safe than sorry.

Yes, most people in my position wouldn't have cared if they had paid attention in school or not. And honestly, when I was first enrolled, I didn't care for it too much either. But now, knowing what it feels like to barely remember how to read and being locked in a cell for years at a time, I want to be able to learn new things. To broaden my skill set. Oh gosh, now I'm starting to sound a lot like Cody, my eldest brother and complete over-achiever in the family.

Sarah smiled sadly at the thought of him. I wondered if he was doing okay. He was in his twenties already, meaning he had taken the Gamma role. Maybe he had a mate. So much had changed in all our years apart that it scared me. 

But while some things took a turn for the worst, some things I want to believe happened for the better. Like that he was happy, and him and the rest of my family had succeed so far in life, despite the set back we all experienced all those years ago. 

I headed to my first class, hoping for the best. This school was for werewolves that ranged any where from the typical high school age to well into college. It was to help prepare them for duties in the pack. I found my science class without much trouble. 

If I wanted to surprise Ty, I wouldn't have to do much more. I sunk down in my seat in the back of the classroom only to have everyone gawk at me. When the teacher walked in, they seemed surprised to see my appearance, but soon brushed it away so that they could teach. Whispers floated around the room about the "new girl", and I couldn't say I wasn't surprised. This pack, even when I had lived here, had been known for its crazy amounts of gossip that floated around like dust particles in the air, clinging to everything and anything.

Luckily, I was able to ignore the snide and perverted comments I heard long enough to keep my attention on the board. The one problem was that I had been enrolled in biology, and I had an 8 year old's education. Even then I didn't pay attention much. Not at all. I sat there, fiddling with my pencil, trying to look like I knew what was going on. It looked like none of this class would learn much today.

Suddenly, I heard the door to the room fly open. I looked up to see a blonde girl walking into class, her face catching me off guard. Mind you, I only knew everyone I grew up with as their younger selves. So let me just say it was quite a surprise to see a fully grown Sabrina strut into the classroom. The teacher didn't mind, though, making it appear she did this quite often. 

Looking around the room, her beady eyes landed on me. Sabrina picked up her brisk pace until she was right in front of my desk that was in the back. "Who are you?" Her voice was sweetly venomous.

Growing up, Sabrina and I didn't talk much. I was busy hanging out with Ty and Sabrina spent her time with my brothers and their friends, who Ty sometimes hung out with as well. I was a little bit of an outsider to the group, and I blame that mostly for my brat of an attitude. It wasn't until she became aware that Ty was interested in her that we became enemies. She had told me to back off her future boyfriend, because I spent too much time around him. To my eight year old self, I was fine sitting there and defying her every word. 

Now, so much had changed. I doubted she recognized me, so I decided to play with her for a while. "I'm new here. Call me Ally."

A fake smile plastered on her face as she gushed. "We're going to be great friends!" And with that, she used it as a personal invitation to take a seat next to me like we were besties. An evil grin spread across my face and I couldn't hold back a small chuckle. 

Boy, when my identity became known, all hell would break loose.

...

By the time lunch rolled around, my sudden appearance had already spread through the entire student body and soon the teachers were joining in, adding their own suspicions to the list. When I walked in, I saw Sabrina waving me over to her table. I rolled my eyes at her enthusiasm and headed over. My breath caught in my throat when I saw who was sitting there. 

My brother, Cody, was slouched in his seat. His hair was messy, and his eyes were dull. He was much taller than he had been a decade ago, but still some of his features resembled his same younger self. Next to him was the Beta, both a friend of his and Ty's. Two girls I vaguely remember sat across from them, engaged in a deep conversation. Next to Sabrina sat...Ty. His hair had grown out and his muscle mass was more noticeable. He had a chiseled jaw line and striking blue eyes. Oh gosh. 

"OMG, Ally! Come sit with us!" All of the people at the table stopped momentarily to take in my appearance. I watched as Ty's eyes shamelessly raked my body and the other two boys looked away quickly, trying not to cause me any discomfort. 

"You're the rogue, right?" Ty's deep voice caught me off guard. The last time I had seen him, he had a squeaky, high-pitched little kid voice. Then again, back then he also was into his action figures also. I guess some things change. Looking around, I realized none of them had any recognition in their faces. I couldn't really blame them - who had expected a girl that disappeared ten years ago to come back with a total makeover? No one.

"Yeah." I sat down, deciding that I didn't need a lunch. One of the perks of being a wolf was that I could go a while without eating.

"So, why do you want to stay in the pack?" I knew that if I kept the truth any longer, I would face the possibility of being locked away. But if I told them now... well where was the fun in that?

"I was held hostage by rogues for most of my life. I only want to live a regular life." Cody seemed to perk up at this.

"What rogues? We have been looking for ones that hurt our pack-" He quickly became silent once Ty sent him a warning glare. Wait, had they searched for me? A missing piece of their pack? It seemed that it wasn't something Ty wanted to share with newcomers. But from the slight pained look that painted his face, it showed he also wanted to avoid the emotions they would bring. Had they missed me? Of course they did.

"Okay, you don't need to be so cocky about yourself," Sarah said, sounding like a strict mother. 

I mentally rolled my eyes. "I'm not going to turn into the Gamma's brat of a daughter, if that's what you're worried about." But I was going to have fun with it.

...

Hey guys!

In the next chapter, do you think that Alicia should reveal her true identity?

Also, let me know how you like it in the comments!

Don't forget to 

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus ;)