Chapter Seven

Alicia's POV:

I found myself sitting on the couch in the far corner of the pack living room with Karmen. We were both propped up on the pillows and had a great view of all the happenings going on in the room. And much to Sarah's like, that included Ty as well. 

"So, what was that back there?" For only talking to her for a short period of time in a decade, she sure knew how to read me well.

"What are you talking about?" I knew that playing dumb was not going to really get me anywhere, but at least I could pick up on some new information, hopefully. 

"You know plain well what I'm talking about. What's going on between you and the Alpha?"

"Me and T- I mean the Alpha? There's nothing happening."

She rolled my eyes at my futile attempt to hide that I referred to him on a first name basis. "Look, I know that Sabrina isn't our true Luna, but that doesn't give you the right to help him cheat on her."

My eyes went wide and my mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water. This was what she thought was going on? That Ty had an affair going on with me on the side while he was the "mate" of Sabrina?

"What?! That's nonsense! Why would I even do that?!"

She laughed. "I wanted to see your expression. But actually, is that what's happening? Because honestly, he can't take his eyes off of you." I turned to look over at Ty. Was this actually true, or just an exaggeration?

I found him engaged in a conversation with my brother and his Beta. His eyes flickered over to my direction every few minutes, like the glimpse of me calmed him down. He couldn't be interested in me, I was his friend since we were tiny. That would just be... awkward.

"No, I don't think he is."

Karmen shook her head in disbelief. "Man, Ally, you must be in some really deep denial. He is TOTALLY into you! Why are you here anyway, if you don't mind me asking?"

I sighed, knowing the question was bound to be asked. "I'm a rogue that accidentally crossed into this territory."

"I bet you are a part of Alpha's plan. He wants to find his mate so he can reject them and stay with Sabrina."

"Maybe." That's what the guard had also predicted. What if I couldn't prove myself important to him, he would execute me? If he found my true identity, would he really want to hurt his best friend?

"You know, I think he isn't only doing it to see if you are his mate."

"What else could it be?" My eyebrows scrunched in confusion. What was she talking about?

"It may just be rumors, but Alpha thinks someone who was special to him is still out there. She was taken from the pack at a young age by rogues and never returned. Many people gave up, not knowing what else to do when for all they knew the Gamma's daughter was dead. But some say Ty has still held out hope. He wants her to come back one day, but since it was about a decade ago, it is very unlikely she'll be able to find her way back. I used to know her, she spent most of her time with Ty, but even so, no one deserves that fate."

I could feel the tears building up in my eyes. They remembered me. They wanted me back. I bit my lip, a feeling of indecisiveness flooding over me. Should I tell them soon? I couldn't keep them waiting, not after the amount of pain we had all endured. No, I wanted to go back to them. I would tell them all. I would reveal that I was Alicia Gray, daughter of the prior Gamma, sister to the new one.

Before I could formulate a plan though, someone approached me. "You're the new wolf, right? Here's a letter addressed to you."

I examined it to find that it was addressed to "Newest Guest of the Blood Moon Pack".