Chapter Twenty-Nine

Alicia's POV :

I was starting to lose it. Sitting in an isolated room did that to you.

Ever since I was sent back to base, the guards around my door had been given strict orders to watch my every move. I guess they were just worried about me remembering things.

Oops, too late for that.

I sat, starting at the blank beige wall in front of me. The nice part about being promoted to General, even if it was in a Rogue organization, was that the living quarters were nice and spacious. But I guess since people in this position were supposed to be out on the front and training all the time, they never got to fully enjoy it.

Suddenly, I hear the guards outside my door whisper something about going to take a break, before footsteps headed in the opposite direction.

Another thing - I now had my wolf back - something that no one knew. And with that, I was able to hear the things they didn't bother hiding.

I knew that Hank would become suspicious if he found me wandering the halls, but there had to be some excuse I could use if caught. I mean for starters, this room was already driving me nuts, wasn't it?

But before I could even fathom how I could pull something like that off, my door was yanked open and slammed shut, causing me ton jump slightly and my muscles to automatically tense.

But before me wasn't some soldier, or rogue like I had imagined. No, it was the same person I had left locked in a jail cell a little while earlier.

"Ty," I breathed out. He looked up, catching my gaze. My breath caught in my throat. It wasn't like I didn't think I'd never see him again. It was that I hadn't been anticipating to see him so soon, and under this set of circumstances.

"Ally," his husky voice brought me out of my dazed thoughts, and I finally took in what was going on.

"What are you doing here?" My voice had become frantic. What if he was caught? To the rogues I was supposed to want him dead - would their be any chance of saving him without my cover being blown?

"Hey, hey, calm down," he said, moving forward to grip my forearms and look deeply into my eyes. "I saw you put in the forest and I couldn't not check to make sure you were okay."

I didn't want to imagine what the outcome could have been had I noticed him before regained my memory.

I wrapped my arms around him, pulling my mate into a much needed hug. He seemed a little surprised at first, but immediately returned it.

I let out a content sigh. I didn't realize just how much I had missed this until I finally had it.

I pulled away what seemed all too soon, and as much as I wished to stay in Ty's arms, we weren't safe here.

"Al-"

"Ty." My voice was now serious as I stepped back and his face contorted into a frown at my actions. "What are you really doing here? You and I both know that this isn't a safe time to sneak into a secure rogue complex."

He sighed, knowing I was right. "I had to see you," he said, his voice rough and raw with emotion as his eyes swirled. "I needed to make sure you were okay after what I saw in the woods. I couldn't go without ensuring your safety."

"And?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I have a plan to take down the rogues. Now, I know you wanted to do this on your own, but some of my pack's best warriors are out there, as well as Aaron. If I can trade information with you, we can take down the rogues inside and out."

I gulped. Yes, I had wanted to do it alone, but seeing now just how hard that was proving to be, I chewed my lip. I wouldn't be allowed out of my room most of the time as it was, so taking over this complex by myself was incredibly unlikely. Having an entire pack, if maybe not more, would be just the boost I need to shut this place down.

Before I had the chance to respond, I was pulled closer, to which my breath hitched in shock. "Ty-" I was immediately cut off though when his lips met mine. I melted into him immediately. I hadn't realized how much stress I had had resting on my shoulders until it was all momentarily lifted as he held me closer to him. I missed this. I missed it just being about us, and our problems. I know that that came out a bit selfish, but it was true.

Footsteps marching down the hallway pulled me out of my trance. I pushed my mate away from me so quickly that it caused him to stumble back, a confused look on his face. 

"Ty, you can't stay here, you're going to get caught."

His jaw tightened as he listened carefully, realizing I had been right. "I won't get caught, I'm going to be okay. But you have to promise me that you'll stay in touch - we're going to figure this thing out together - no more working alone."

I nodded quickly. "Alright - of course."

He gave me a serious look. I was getting desperate now. If the guards outside heard more than just me in here, they would surely check. I couldn't let Ty, the most wanted Alpha on the Rogue's watch list, be caught.

"Ally, you're going to promise me that you will meet me outside in the next few days to go over the full plan,  okay?" 

I bit the inside of my cheek. Going outside to meet up with the pack? It seemed a little too risky with the amount of security I was under now. "There's no need. I have my wolf back, I'll be fine - you can mind link me."

His jaw ticked. "What did they do to you?" I could see him becoming angrier.

"No, Ty, it's fine. I have the beginnings of a plan also. Tomorrow, mind link me and we'll find some place to meet up."

He didn't seem convinced, but with the footsteps steadily coming closer, he didn't have time to argue. 

And just before the door flew open, and a few guards entered, my small window shut, the Alpha disappearing back into the woods.

Or so I hoped.

...

Hey guys!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Lots of action coming up, hope everyone's excited!

I know the story has been a little slow lately, but it's moving!

WooHoo!

Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus