Chapter Twenty-Six

Ty's POV:

A week. That was how long it had been since Alicia had left me stuck in that petty excuse of a cell. I still couldn't believe she had been able to disguise herself as a guard like that. Maybe she didn't actually need myself after all, and had it covered.

'Would you be serious?!' my wolf growled lowly at that statement. 'Of course our mate needs us, don't you dare deny it. Although she may be really strong and independent, she will always, ALWAYS, be dependent on us!'

I knew he was right. No matter how amazingly talented she was, especially in evading people, she would always need us to complete her. And protect her. Neither my wolf nor I liked the thought of Alicia not needing our protection.

What really concerned me, however, was that I hadn't heard from her in a full week. I know, I know - she wouldn't have a chance to contact me, not while she was trying to hide in the rogues. I just wished I had received something that would help calm my nerves, to reassure me that she was alright. 

My warriors and I were currently staked out about four miles from our pack, relatively close to where we battled one of the Rogue Leaders. We had returned to the pack for a few weeks before picked back up the mission. We stayed down low as we waited for any sign as what to do next. Something had distracted the guards long enough after we had shut off the power for us to escape. 

We watched carefully as we waited for any sign of any rogues coming. My plan was to leave some of my wolves out here to monitor the rogue's doings while I went ahead with my selected group to shut down the Gamma Complex. 

I was about to head out with Aaron at my side before I heard footsteps. Rogues. My entire group seemed to recognize it as well, and crouched down, ready for attack. I mind-linked all of them to stay still, that way we could see what they were up to before we gave away our position. 

I looked up, anticipating to see a band of rogues with some dirty looking leader, caked in mud, their symbolism for a scout group.

You can imagine my surprise when I was met with my mates angelic face. All the breath left my lungs, and I went to stand up, when I sensed something wrong. She was in the head of the group of, no restraints or any sign of pain whatsoever. Everyone in the group also looked like they were waiting for her instructions, as she stopped just in front of my hiding spot, her beautiful nose twitching as she took in the surrounding scents.

"The scent is fresh," one of the soldiers commented, breaking the eerie silence, earning a reprimanding look from Ally.

"Of course it is, but they are bound to be closer to their pack house. I don't think the Alpha would be caught out here with such a small group. Don't forget why we're out here. They are going to pay, all of them."

The hair on the back of my neck stood up. Was my mate out for my pack? Because I had left her back at the Omega Compound? Stealing another look at her, her eyes looked murderous. Okay, so maybe she was a little more than just angry like I had originally thought.

"Do you remember your old team? You know, your previous troop?" The same soldier ventured to ask, trying to sound brave. 

Ally let out a cold laugh. "I don't remember them that much. Sick, right? To know a group of people so well, only to forget them in an instant. Anyway, they were attacked by this pack." 

A cold shiver ran down my spine. What troop? How long had she been with the rogues, and what did she mean my pack attacked them?!

One of my warriors got impatient to attack, as one of the rogues was slowly closing in on his position, oblivious to the rest of us. I picked up a stone, throwing it in the opposite direction of the pack house. Luckily, all the rogues heard was the noise, causing them to shift and chase it in a frenzy.

My wolf tugged at my restraint, desperately wanting his mate at the moment. He found the whole thing to be torture. 

Ally, though, stayed in human form, as he she darted through the brush, watching warily as her team charged onward. She wasn't stupid - she knew that staying apart from the rest of her troop was suicide, and took a quick look around before charging after them.

The only reason she didn't pick up on the fact that I was right there through our mate bond, was because her wolf was dormant for some reason. My wolf cried out in pain when he found no sign of her, only a hollow human.

I told half the warriors to stay put, and to notify me if anything happened, while I quickly mind-linked Aaron and the rest of my group the plan. 

'We are going to follow the rogues and my mate and figure out where we end up. Hopefully we can distract them from finding any of our troops.'  I spoke through mind-link. 

'Something is off with my sister. She isn't how she usually is. When I caught up with Sam in the Omega Complex, he described her as being... just being the exact opposite of this.' Aaron said, concern dripping from his voice.

'I know. That's why we're going after her.' And with that, I proceeded to explain my plan to all of them. 

...

Alicia's POV:

Have you ever experienced what it feels like to have lost half of yourself, yet have no clue where it went?

I did when I was traveling through the woods with my troop, and then they took off after a sound. I couldn't help but think that this was a total distraction, and that someone, or rather, something, was waiting for us just out in the woods.

I suspected I felt so incomplete due to the loss of my wolf, which left me straggling behind the group. when I really should be leading it. I hurried to catch up, knowing that my stupid delay, could cost them their lives. And this time, it may not just be the troop that died. 

I watched as the entire group of wolves stopped, ears perking up and tails falling limp. I dashed through, taking a close look to make sure everyone was alright, and that no one was going to launch a sneak attack on them. 

That was when I saw it.

The thing that changed my life forever.

...

Hey guys!

I hope you like this chapter, and sorry to leave it off on such a cliffhanger.

If you have not already read my completed story, Wanted by the Wolves, feel free to check it out. Once the sequel comes out, I am considering rewriting it to be a standalone.

Leave me comments on what your thoughts are about the rewrite.

Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus ;)