Chapter Twenty-One

Ty's POV:

"Remind me again exactly why I decided to do this," I growled out, watching the cinder block building from the cover of the bushes. 

"You want your mate back." The rogue said, taking a look at all the look out towers.

"How do I know you aren't working for them and simply luring me into a trap," I said, gesturing to the prison beside us. 

He sighed, as if he had known this would come up. "I promise you, I'm not. Simply speaking, it would be considered a betrayer if I were to do so." His eyes grew a distant look as he continued looking at the look out towers. "I have family in there I am working to break free - I'm not going to easily hand anything over."

"And you're helping me because...?"

He turned to me, a determined look in his eye. "Because you are her last hope."

"Why do you care so much for her?!" I yelled, getting frustrated. I didn't care if the rogues in the complex overheard, I was sick of being kept from the truth. "What is so special about her to you?"

"My name is Aaron," he said, his eyes brimming with tears, before he furiously wiped them away, trying to hide all signs of his sadness. "I knew her a long time ago, I just can only hope she still remembers me." He then pointed up to the guard tower. "Some of the biggest flaws in this place are the guard shifts - they have large gaps in between with no one patrolling. Also - the place is not kept up to regulation, so there are weak spots you can easily infiltrate."

Aaron looked up at me, smiling slightly. "You and your pack need to take down the rogues once and for all."

"And how do you expect us to do that?"

"You need to exploit their weaknesses, which they have many of, I can assure you. Take down the complexes one by one by banning together with other packs. You guys must have some allies, right?"

Had he not heard of what had gone on for the last ten years? "We are the most feared pack in the nation, we can scare people into joining us, if that's what you mean."

Aaron looked slightly shocked, but immediately covered it up. "I've been waiting for you to come, Ty?"

"Do I know you?" I asked, raising a brow in suspicion. 

"I'm Aaron Gray, Alicia's brother - I was kidnapped by the rogues along with Sam, my other brother. I escaped and went to find you, while he stayed as a guard in the pack. We know the place inside and out."

My eyes went wide. I was never good friends with Sam or Aaron since I hung out mostly with Alicia, Cody and Damion, but I still knew them. Their family had always been so close to mine that they all were like the siblings I never had.

I watched as Aaron gave me a sad smile, before patting my back, and I recognized his features. He looked just like the nine year old I used to know, but had matured to nineteen.

"The Rogues are planning on making an army to take over and rule all the wolves. So, what do you say, do you want to help take down and crush the rogues once and for all?" 

Without even thinking, I already knew my answer. "Hell yes."

I knew that with the help of other packs around the country, I could easily take them down, no problem. 

I was ready to come and take back my mate.

...

Alicia's POV:

I knew the army needed to be stopped, that much was clear. But if I joined the cause, what would one wolf do? And what if we were thrown off our feet, back at square one during the fight? My friends would never get a chance to escape - they would be stuck, and I wouldn't be able to get them out easily.