Chapter Twenty-Four

Alicia's POV:

I hated to leave my mate behind like that. With him screaming my name, pleading me not to go. But I also couldn't be caught, and he knew how to handle himself on his own, as did I. Plus, this was the only way to truly ever succeed - the only way that we'd ever have even the slightest chance at winning this war.

I scurried down the halls, like a rodent running from a house cat, except I was running against the clock. It wasn't going to take long for Ty, being an Alpha and all, to break free from his cell. Since I still smelled like rogue, I was hoping to lose him by running down halls drenched in that stench. Hopefully, it would throw him off completely.

As I turned down one bend recklessly, I crashed straight into a guard, who was completely alone. He jumped and cried out in shock, but I grabbed him and disarmed him before he could process what was happening. Oh gosh, this was simply too easy.

...

Five hours. 300 minutes. That was how long I had been in the room labeled "Storage" for. In the chair sat the guard I had found, gagged and bound by his wrists and ankles to his seat. I, on the other hand, sat across the room on a table, pointing a gun at him, daring him to try to break free. 

From what Sam had told me, all I needed to do was prove that I was a danger to the Complex and get pushed up a level. The farther I went up in levels, however, the more punishments I would get for doing something like this. And if I sat still and didn't attempt anything, I would be pushed down to a lower level complex. Apparently, the rogues had already formed the soldiers they were going to train, and weren't about to accept anymore. I only hoped this would get me to the Beta Complex, and then, out, to help bring a victory to the packs. Once and for all.

I watched as the rogue guard who Sam hated step into the room, which had a coffee machine in the corner, only to let his eyes go wide at the sight of his companion. Since where I was was kicked off to the side, he didn't see me. He rushed into the room, going straight for his buddy.

"Albert! What happened to you?!" Albert, still gagged, nodded his head in my decision, causing the furious guards gaze to meet mine. I gave him a bored look, my hair still up in a bun, still disguised as a guard.

"I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE MEANING OF THIS IS!" His voice boomed, but with me being a Luna and all, it didn't have very much of an effect on me.

"I think he's working for the outside." I said, trying to make my voice deeper. "He's trying to rat out our plans to the packs."

"What plans?" I mentally face palmed. Of course the guards - especially at an Omega Complex - weren't let in on some of the major plans. They knew the concept, but didn't have a big enough attention span for the gritty details, unlike my brother.

"You, know, the war! He is ruining the surprise attack for the packs - he should be reported at once." Although my voice remained calm, I laced so much power in it, that the guard simply nodded, before attempting to untie Albert from his chair.

I pointed the gun towards them, causing them both to freeze. "And you think you're responsible enough to turn him in."

"Hey, hey, whoa," the guard said, obviously getting nervous as he threw his hands up in surrender. "Dude, we are all on the same team."

"Are you sure about that?" This time I let my normal girly voice slip through, and his eyes widened. Before he could move, however, I was in his face, pointing the gun at his temple. "Don't make me. If you don't want to see the contents of your head lying all over this room, then I suggest you sit down and remain silent."

Slightly shaking, and mostly in shock, he silently obeyed. As soon as I relaxed even the slightest, though, he used that to his advantage, and Albert watched as the guard knocked the weapon out of my hands before pinning me against the table. "You won't be going anywhere," he said into my ear, a sick chuckled coming out of him. 

I watched as he shot in the spot right next to my head, and pretended to faint from fear. He merely laughed, before heading back to Albert, which was a big mistake. "See, the girl is harmless. I doubt she even knows how to shoot a gun. Now, let's get you untied."

It was my turn to chuckled silently, as I slipped behind the guard, the gun back in my hand. "Who's harmless now?"

...

When the new shift of guards arrived, looking for the two missing rogues, they were baffled to find both of them tied down, out cold. I was in the dark corner, watching in amusement as they tried to figure out what was going on. One suggested that it was the warrior wolves they had found in the building just a little while ago, while the others argued over how they would get back up, since the power and transmission lines were out. Without that, it was clear the Omega Complex had no escape plan.

"What's that over there?" Oh yes, one of the brighter of the bunch finally spotted my figure hunched over in the corner, watching their entire conversation go on. 

"Oh, you mean me?" I asked innocently, as I stepped forward, twirling a strand of hair around my finger. "Looks like you deeply underestimated me."

One of the guards, who was shaking from either fear or anger, pressed his gun against my head. "Who tied these men up?"

"Me." He laughed, along with the rest of the group, before sobering up and turning serious in a blink of an eye. 

"Really, who? That was a funny joke you had last time. But now it's real - who did this?!"

"I told both of them," I said, gesturing to the two men who were still out cold, "not to underestimate me. And look what happened to them." The man with the gun simply shook his head and pressed it harder against my forehead. "Tell me who did this!"

A bang sounded from the doorway, attracting everyone's attention, including the man holding me. I took this as my advantage, yanking the gun from his grasp. It fell on the ground between us, making everyone turn their attention towards the weapon clattering on the ground. 

I used the sudden diversion to throw the guard off balance by body slamming into him, sending him to the ground. I watched as the rest of the group acted in slow motion. They all lunged towards me, as I ducked their attempts to either grab or swing a punch at me, and jumped up, pushing off the table and landing in the center of the crowd. I pushed through, looking in the doorway to find someone that looked just like Sam, but had darker hair and lighter eyes. 

Aaron. My older brother Aaron, the other one who had gotten taken with Sam. The one that had found my mate to bring me to safety.

I was so happy, I was almost free. But did I need to get free? I was supposed to get caught anyway, that way I could get shipped to the Beta Complex. So, when the hoard of guards came to swallow me up, I knew that it was pointless to fight...

...so I simply disappeared into the crowd.

...

Hey!

I know it has been a while! So, what do think is going to happen next?

Also, next chapter, would you guys rather have Ty's POV or Alicia's POV?

Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus ;)