Chapter Nine

Tyler's POV:

I had agreed to let the rogue hold a party for her birthday. Crazy, I know. For some reason, my wolf Bradley, had insisted on attending. I even considered it, hoping that I might find my mate. That was until Sabrina appeared. 

"Baby, I was looking all over for you!" She screeched running up to give me a hug. 

"Sabrina, what do you want?" I was honestly annoyed at her high pitched voice and was starting to realize maybe I was better off with my mate.

"I heard that rogue's plan. She wants to steal you from me. She wants the Luna position so she can take over the pack so she's going to spike your drink tonight to confuse you. I won't let her though. You are going to stay by my side."

"Sabrina," I was quickly losing my patience. "I'm an Alpha, I can look out for myself. And no offence, or anything, but you aren't even my mate. You aren't even going to be guaranteed the Luna position."

"WHAT?!" Okay, now hearing her scream was just painful. "You can't do this! We decided I was going to be Luna once you rejected your mate!"

"Yeah, well, maybe I don't want to reject my mate anymore. Maybe I actually want them as my Luna."

Sabrina's shocked and angry expression turned to one of disgust. "Looks like I need to hunt down that rogue. It looks like she has already spiked your drink to say these crazy things. I'm not going to speak to you until it is out of your system." And with that, she stalked off. I rolled my eyes at how childish she was acting. 

That's what I had called Alicia when she had told me she wanted a perfect relationship with her mate. I took in a deep breath, closing my eyes. It still hurt to think about her. If she was still alive, I hoped that she found her mate and at least got that happy ending she had always wanted. Now that I thought about it, I realized that having action and some drama wasn't necessarily always a good thing. 

I decided that clearing my head would probably be best, so I stepped outside. Bradley was going crazy when I walked by the party, claiming we needed to go in. I shrugged it off. If that rogue was actually planning on tricking me, I didn't need to go in there. 

Bradley disagreed with me big time, though, and demanded I enter the room. He wouldn't stop going berserk at the thought of a certain wolf in there. Was this our mate? Could the rogue be our mate?

I shook my head. That was a crazy thought. Of course the rogue wasn't our mate! I found her attractive and the thoughts were playing with my head. I headed outside, hoping to clear everything from my mind.

As soon as I got out there, I felt at peace. Being an Alpha, I was usually always working on something, so times when I got a break were rare and greatly cherished. 

Suddenly the most intoxicating scent hit me and Bradley was begging to be let out. "That's our mate! GO TO MATE!" Was all he screamed through my mind link. He didn't have to tell me twice though. I was done with Sabrina and her obsession with power. I wanted someone real, someone who was meant to be with me. 

I turned around to see the most beautiful girl I had ever laid eyes on, and I knew I had found her.

My mate.

The girl of my dreams.

...

Alicia's POV:

My breath caught in my throat as I looked up. All I felt was shock. Ty was my mate?! I had grown up with him, and all this time...

He approached me slowly, like I was a skittish bunny that might run at any sudden movement. This was a big moment for both of us. He had always told me how special his mate would be while staring off at Sabrina. Now, it was me.