Chapter Sixteen

Alicia's POV:

After several days of running nonstop, getting little to no food, and sleeping under fallen trees, I had about had it. Even being stuck in a rogue camp I had always had enough things to eat.

Now, I was starving, tired, and filthy.

After my long trek, I came across what appeared to be a cinder block building, surrounded by high, cement walls that were draped in gnarly barbed wire. No doubt, this was a rogue camp.

Trying to stay as quiet as possible, I spotted the guard tower, looking for a specific symbol drawn on it. In the Rogue Complex I had been locked in, it was known as an Beta Fortress, meaning it was somewhat hard to leave, but wasn't the most important. The order went: Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Omega.

I needed it to be a Delta or Omega, so that if I was added in to their attendance sheet, it wouldn't be a big deal. The bigger complexes were for worse criminals, or wolves that needed stronger containment.

I was hoping to get in, and maybe get transferred up. That kind of thing was never uncommon, and was probably the easiest method to go unsuspected up until I saw my friends again.

Squinting hard, I came to the conclusion that it was either an Alpha house or Omega house. It was old and it was obvious the maintenance hadn't been keeping up with the caring of this place. Alpha Fortresses were typically a pretty tight operation, and for one to be in this condition. I shook my head, thinking something like that was crazy. This was obviously an Omega house, if anything.

I huffed out a breath, my mind reeling. This being an Omega House was a good thing - a great thing, in fact! Now, I just needed to figure out how to get in. I obviously couldn't walk in with my hands above my head in surrender. No, I needed to put up a fight. I needed to convince them that my plan wasn't to get in, but to stay out. 

After a minute or two of contemplation, I had come up with it. Hoping that everything followed to plan, I picked up a rather large stone before chucking it at the nearest guard posted outside. When it collided with his head, he dropped to the ground, unconscious. I had always been told I had a good arm, but I never really believed anyone.

The two guards standing beside him were immediately alert, realizing they weren't free to hang out and chill like they had hoped. Just because they were rogues didn't mean they didn't have werewolf senses also. That's probably the reason they located me in a matter of seconds, a deadly growl leaving the back of their throats.

I stepped back, ready to break into a run, before I was surrounded. I bit my lip and did my best to put my most fearful face on without a smirk peeking through. They were so easy to fool it was unbelievable. The one thing I did know about rogues, though, since I had spent a lot of time around them, was that even though they had heightened senses, it was very rare they really paid attention to their instincts. 

If they had, they would've realized more than I was just a wolf on their land. They would've realized that I didn't look like I came all this way just to throw rocks. They would've noticed that I smelled just like one of the Generals, the ones in charge over everything they did. They also would've picked up on the fact that I didn't come off as a petty wolf. I had a surge of power that always backed me up, basically feeding from my Gamma background.

But of course, they were stupid and gullible enough to jump to first conclusions, grab me by my wrists, and drag me inside. 

My plan was now in motion.

...

"Look at what we found here!" One of the guards yelled to his fellow soldiers as I was hauled through the front gates, actually, more dragged through the front gates.

As soon as word had spread someone was found sneaking around outside, a crowd of the workers and soldiers had formed, eager to see who it was. Now, here I was, being dragged through for all to see.

"I think you're a little lost sweetheart, if you were looking for home." They all laughed at his sick joke as I sat there, silence flooding over me.

I had learned early on that it was more vulnerable to throw all your cards on the table versus being reserved and maintaining poker face. And that was exactly what I was determined to do.

"Isn't she a beaut?" One of the guards asked, sliding his dirty hand down my face. I shivered in disgust as he and his buddies guffawed. Now, I was getting slightly worried. In the Beta Fortress, everything was always very orderly, and stuff like this never happened. I knew that the farther down the buildings went in rank, the looser the rules were. I guess I just never expected it to be this loose.

"Well, it sounds like the boss wants me to bring her up. Says that some Beta House broke a while back and the prisoner could be anywhere. Even showing up in our own backyard."

"That sounds like a load of crap!" One of the guys yelled, getting a cheer of agreement from some of his buddies. "I mean, who would be stupid enough to return after being locked away in a Beta camp. Those things are high class compared to here."

I shook my head. High class?! Did this mean that this wasn't necessarily going to be easier? Was it really going to be harder?!

The guy holding me shrugged. "Either way, the boss needs to see her delivered. I doubt anyone like her would be such a threat to us."

They all laughed at this statement, while I was hauled off into the rundown building. I honestly felt a little bad for them. They had absolutely no idea who they were talking about, and I was going to prove to them what a threat I was. I was going to make their life working here a living hell. That was, if I didn't get caught first.

...

Hey guys!

Hope you like the chapter! I just kind of made it up as I went, it seems to fit in better than my original plan would.

Anyway, thanks for all the support lately!

I'm going to see if I can make this two updates in one day!

Anyway, stay tuned for more of this story and feel free to check out my other ones!

Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus ;)