Chapter Forty-One

Alicia's POV:

My head was pounding slightly when I woke up again. I wasn't sure how long I had been in the Medical Wing, nor did I remember how I got there. Brushing those facts aside, though, I knew I had to return to my mutiny group. They needed my help.

Footsteps thundered down the hallway, orders being yelled. So different from the training drills. Wait, had the war already begun?!

I sat up quickly at the thought, groaning when my head began to spin because of the sudden movement. I swung my legs over the bed and got up, wobbling slightly. 

I managed to walk slowly down to my room, get dressed in a combat uniform instead of the hospital gown, and hurried back down the stairs to my group. My only hope was that they hadn't been deployed without me.

Once I reached our training room, though, I found them all out of their sleeping quarters, murmuring among themselves. When they saw me, they immediately went silent.

I counted them, noticing that I had one person missing - Derek. I brushed it off though and quickly addressed them.

"Has the war started?"

Everyone was frozen before Marcus spoke. "Yes. A group from one of the packs battled the beginner Rogue troops last night and were victorious. The Rogues are going to overwhelm them so that they can get rid of them before the Packs are alerted."

My heart instantly clenched. Was that Ty's group that had been in combat all night? While I was sleeping? 

"We are going to start moving them, and try to slow the Rogues down."

"And how do you suggest we do that?" Leo stepped forward, dark rings prominent underneath his eyes. "They have an entire army, and there are so few of us."

"We'll make a diversion, keep them distracted-"

"It's too late!" His voice escalated. "There main focus is already on the Packs. We won't do anything..."

"Well, we can try!"

"We can go to the South gate, where all of the Rogues are preparing for battle, and rage a surprise attack on them. Steal some weapons, throw some schedules off. It would bring the packs some time." Marcus pondered.

I bit my lip, thinking it over. I never thought he would be loyal to the packs, but this was all we had. Hopefully, we could make a turning point in this war, and I could help Ty out.

Ty. I couldn't believe that I was letting him down by getting hurt. I mentally scolded myself and hoped the next time I saw him I could help him win this battle.

I went into the armoury closet where we kept all of our training weapons. Coming out with a box load of stuff, I turned to everyone. 

"We are going down to the Southside. Grab a weapon. We are leaving now!" A chorus of 'yes ma'am's filled the air as I grabbed a long spear and began running through the Complex. I could hear the footsteps behind me speed up.

We were going to do this...

...

We were right in front of the entry door to the Southside preparation room when we heard it.

BOOM!

The floor shook with the force of the explosion. I dropped to my knees, watching the door in front of me start to buckle.

"Run!" I yelled, turning my group back around as another explosion, more powerful this time, rocked the building. "They're already under attack, let's go!"