Chapter Thirty-Six

Alicia's POV:

They had been improving. Slowly.

Hank started showing up less frequently, and Marcus was now training with them. The mutiny group was turning into a force to be reckoned with. We still needed time, though.

That was if we weren't shut down first. 

I had been working with them for the past few days, trying to fix all the weaknesses that the Rogues could easily use to their advantage. Even though I had never been formally trained, I knew enough to get me by in a good fight. Besides, Rogues were never ones to fight fair.

I watched as Marcus threw a punch at Leo, who on instinct dodged it, and sent one flying his way. This is the way I had been training lately - everything was a competition, and the best competitor got to help me train everyone and earned themselves the role of a soldier. Since the Rogues all smelled the same, they used uniforms and branding on their bodies to differentiate the ranks. Since we were planning on taking on the rogues head on, I knew that I would have to use their tactics against them.

So, my plan was fairly simple - dress our average fighters in commander outfits, causing all the Rogues to want to take them down first, while the amazing fighting soldiers came out of nowhere and took them down. 

I was banking on this working because, without much flow of ideas between me and the other rebels and packs, I couldn't form very complex ideas. I needed to make sure they weren't too extreme, otherwise, us winning could be as good as burnt toast.

At this practice, while Leo was dodging an uppercut Marcus had sent him, Marcus lifted his knee and hit him swiftly in the gut, causing him to roll over in pain. Using this, Marcus put his foot on Leo's neck, with just enough pressure to keep him pinned down.

"Next time, protect yourself, even if you are blocking." Marcus removed his foot and stepped back. This had been the same outcome the last few rounds of practice. I never had really known that Marcus was that great of a fighter or that clever - he was stationed to watch us, after all. Leo was proving to be a fair match, though, which is what I wanted. Fighters so well trained that they couldn't even defeat each other. 

That was only true for less than half of the group, though.

Most of them had been forced to join the Rogues and hadn't had much of an option. They didn't want to take up the training, even if it was for a cause they were going for. They just wanted to stay neutral. Derek - though he liked to speak his mind a lot, and mostly sided with the Rogues - was one of them.

In the back of the room, the ones who refused to participate, and I had to threaten them with their lives to get on the floor, were the true Rogues. The ones that would choose the Rogues over the Packs. Marcus was classified as one of these, because not only did I know his earlier views, but he also never favoured the Packs. He still helped, though, which made me wonder if he was really helping me, or just feeding what I was doing to the Rogues. Maybe Hank already knew after all.

Then there were some who wanted to take down the Rogues and had for years. I was good with their motivation and all, I was just nervous that they would get a little too motivated, and start spreading the word around of what they were doing. Not to turn us in, just get a little too caught up in what they were doing. 

The problem with those ones was that a majority of them thought that they were outstanding fighters and that my exercises and practices weren't necessary. Once I saw them try to fight, and they couldn't even throw a punch, that was when I knew we were in trouble. 

Between everyone, we have Marcus and Leo who really can fight, the ones that are neutral, the ones that are with the Rogues and don't give any effort, and the ones that can't fight but are for the cause. 

With this group, I wasn't sure what the outcome would be. I could only hope that it would be in favour of the packs, though.

I stopped practice early since I had planned on meeting Sam by the back door to get an update. I hadn't gotten one in the last few days, and I was eager to find out what had gone on. Was Ty okay? Were the packs faring well? Did we have any allies?

I let them work on their skills for about fifteen more minutes before I called time. "You all did a good job today," I said cooly, "but you still have room to make it better. I expect to see improvements by tomorrow."

A chorus of 'yes ma'am's filled the room before everyone filed out orderly and went back to their sleeping quarters. Once I had everything put away, I quickly hurried up the steps and out the door.

I had been talking to Sam lately, who had spoken to Ty a little while ago. Apparently, he wasn't very good at taking opposing ideas, and they weren't on speaking terms anymore. Just a few days until complete war breaks out and those two - on the same side, mind you - were already at each other's throats. I

Sam had suggested that to ensure that Ty didn't make a stupid move, that I go out and mind-link him one day after practice. So, here I was, exiting the building, trying to get close enough that I could use mind-link without anyone knowing.

The minute I was in range, Ty spoke.

"Ally?! Is that you?" His voice rang in my head. My head throbbed since I hadn't done this in a while.

"Yeah, it's me."

"How have you been? I was worried something happened to you! You promised that you would mind-link me sooner!"

"I know, I know. And I'm sorry, really. But I formed a group to help delay the Rogues, and so far it is working. Their training is requiring a lot of my attention lately."

"Well, at least we have something going on in there. I don't know if Sam told you or not, but I've gained about ten packs as allies to help us fight in the war. We are going to take them down."

"Ty, there's something I need to tell you. The weapon-"

"Someone's been following us. I'm gonna have to go. I'll talk to you soon, we'll find the time. I love you, Ally, don't you forget that."

"Oh, of course. Love you too, Ty." I was slightly upset. I mean, why wouldn't I be? This was the first time I had spoken to him in a while, and he had to go just as I was getting to the important part.

For someone reason, I felt like this war wasn't going to be as easy a victory as we thought.

But then I brushed that thought aside, because hey, my mate's an Alpha! I don't have to spend my time worrying about junk like that! He'll kick major Rogue butt!

...

Hey guys!

I meant to publish this last night, but got a little busy!

So, I know I'm kind of dragging the parts building up to the big war/battle, but it is going to happen soon, bare with me!

What do you guys want to happen?

They win with no problem?

They lose terribly?

Something different and unexpected?

Let me know in the comments!

My goal is to update a chapter a night... so hopefully this book will be finished soon!

Don't forget to 

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus ;D