Chapter Forty-Two

Ty's POV:

When the gun was pointed at my head, I thought that was going to be it. Despite my Alpha status of one of the most feared packs in the country, nothing could protect me now from the bullet laced with silver breaking through my skull and entering my brain. Absolutely nothing.

Or so I had thought.

A crash sounded, footsteps starting out quiet until it sounded like a herd of elephants charging. Using this as a distraction, I turned to the Rogue holding the gun, ready to rip him apart. I was too late though.

No, I wasn't shot. His head was already gone. 

That was when I saw them. All of the wolves from the Packs, charging in to save my men and I. On normal circumstances, I probably should've been embarrassed that I needed so much help and aide even though I was a leader, but right now that didn't matter. 

We all fought together, watching as the Rogue's slowly fell back. Obviously, they were only prepared to take my small scout troop down - not most of the packs. We were now the ones overwhelming them with our extremely good fighters. 

I went down a line of ill-trained Rogue soldiers, killing them with no difficulty. My front was now soaked through with blood from all my victims. Looking around, I could tell it was the same for all my allies. They were all taking down Rogues left and right.

That was when realization rushed through me. They were going to send for back up if we didn't get out of here quick enough. I needed to get these men out, back to wherever the rest of them were, and do a real battle strategy. That was the only real way we could do this.

I looked, spotting Damion out of the crowd. He was one of my fighters that could plough through a crowd in no time. "We need to leave and regroup," I mind-linked to him. He looked at me, eyes flashing in understanding, before sending out his own mind-link to everyone, as well as one of my own. We urged everyone to head back to regroup.

My men, as well as the ones from the packs, all turned to take a look and figure out where I was, before turning around as a group, killing the approaching Rogues as we made an exit.

Or tried to.

Just as we got close to the exit, a new group of Rogues came charging out, fully armed and ready for battle. Some of them may have been easy to take down, but it wasn't without a price.

I could already see sweat starting to bead up on my highest trained warriors foreheads, killing about five Rogues a minute. Not as fast as me, but still really decent when you count the number of them.

Just as I was suddenly faced with five of the slightly-more-trained Rogues, a large pounding on the door that had been stuck closed sound. 

BOOM.

BOOM.

BOOM.

BBBOOOMMM!

Everyone froze, not daring to move a single muscle. My breath caught in my throat. My wolf growled. He suspected it was more Rogues that had heard the news. And when the doors broke open, there was a small group of wolves that came rushing out, eager to join the fight. On the first sniff, they smelled like Rogues. But on second glance, a grin lit up my face.

There was my Ally, front and centre, dressed in a Rogue warrior outfit with the rebel symbol stitched across the top. She charged at the confused Rogues, taking them down easily. The wolves behind her were slightly less trained, but it seemed that they knew enough tactics to get by.

I had momentarily forgotten about the five wolves in front of me, giving them an advantage. One took that time to jump on my back, while another lunged for my throat. Noticing my areas of vulnerability, I fell to the ground and rolled, hearing the bones crunch as I crushed the wolf that was now underneath me.

One of the other Rogues pounced, though, his claws scrapping my shirt-clad stomach. I bit back a howl of pain and kicked him off, causing him to fall limp. Okay, so I guess some of the blood on me was now partly my own.

Now, facing off with just three Rogues, I lunged to eliminate all of them, before they fell to the ground dead.

Dead... wait, dead? I growled lowly. All wolves in the pack knew that whoever the Alpha was fighting was for the Alpha alone to kill - unless things got bad.

I looked up, ready to reprimand whoever stood in front of me.

Instead of meeting a pack member or warriors' eyes, I came face to face with my own Luna's, the very queen who was making this entire thing possible.

"Ally," I breathed out. By now, almost all of the Rogues were eliminated. I faintly heard Damion, my Beta, call out an order for everyone to leave on a successful retreat.

I wasn't focused on that right now, though. I was watching my mate, the one who I had feared had been harmed because of my presence.

She simply looked me in the eyes, her own becoming slightly misty, before reaching up to grab my neck and pull me down to her height. She ignored the blood.

As soon as our lips connected, I yanked her off the ground, so that her legs were wrapped securely around my waist. I finally felt at peace as we melted into each other, craving for one another's touch.

"We've got to go!" I turned to see Aaron standing there, smirking slightly. He had a large gash running down part of his face, but aside from that and a few bruises, he looked fine.

I nodded, smirking when I noticed Ally blushing slightly. I was about to carry her with me before I felt her pressing a hand against my chest.

"Ty," she said softly. "I have to go, my group needs me. I can't just leave them."

"Ally, they are already with us," I said, picking up my pace to get us out of there. While I was walking, I gestured to all of the members of the mutiny group walking alongside my men. Her chest swelled up with pride.

She put her head on my shoulder, hiding her face from me. She mumbled quietly, probably not expecting me to hear...

"Moon Goddess, this war better end soon."

...

Hey guys!

I was so busy yesterday and Monday - sorry for the delay!

So, are you happy that our two main characters are reunited?

What do you think will happen next in the war?\

Let me know in the comments!

Don't forget to 

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus :P