Four

The cinaplex was crowded with kids eager to begin their weekends with a movie. Thankfully there were four screens, each showing one of two movies. This weekend they were showing Titanic an Man Of Steel. I was surprised, they actually had some nice movies this weekend.

One of Angeline's friends ran up to us, "You guys are actually out of the dorm!" she squealed.

"Thanks for making me feel like a hermit Danielle." Angeline rolled her eyes.

"The two of you pretty much are. Usually you only leave the dorm for classes." she pouted.

"Hey, we go to the gym and the pool." I defended us. Maybe we didn't go out as much as other kids on campus but we were happy to just rent a horror movie and sit around eating popcorn. "We don't always have the money to go places."

She rolled her eyes, "Whatever. So what movie are you going to see Angeline?" she completely cut me out of the conversation.

"Kendall and I are seeing Titanic." she stressed my name.

"Obviously she picked it. You would never pick such a movie," she scoffed.

I stepped into her line of sight, forcing her to look at me, "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Oh! nothing. Just that you obviously don't know Angeline like I do if you're going to make her watch that crap." her words came out as a sneer.

I was about to reply back when Angeline piped up from behind me, "Leave Danielle. If you have a problem with Kendall then you have a problem with me and you quite obviously have a problem."

She stuttered, attempting to find words to reply but Angeline just took my hand an pulled me toward the now open doors of the cinaplex. I could imagine Danielle standing back there with shock and fear written all over her face.

Angeline was not someone you wanted to get angry. If you were on her bad side you knew to be afraid. When we had first came here there were masses of guys that tried hit on both of us. Angeline had said yes to one but the date didn't go well.

When he started to get grabbed she gave him a warning to stop. He didn't an she showed him that he didn't want to mess with her. From then on we realized that most guys here just wanted to get with the American girls. That's England guys for you.

Since that night Angeline had been respected throughout the school. Basically people did what they could to stay on her good side. Being her friend had its perks. The pops that picked on anyone not in their group left me alone. They had never hassled me, which shocked people.

Angeline waved her hand in front of my face. "Kendall wake up."

I shook my head to clear the thoughts, "Huh?" I saw we were at the ticket counter and felt a heat rise in my cheeks in embarrassment. I quickly handed my money to the lady and retrieved my ticket. "Sorry Angel, I was thinking."

"Should I be worried?" she chuckled.

I laughed as well, "Naw. Just thinking about when we first got here. Ot was pretty crazy."

"Those days... oh yeah those were fun times." She smiled as she remembered.

We walked over to the concessions an bought some snacks. We both sat in the movie theater munching popcorn and sipping our slushies as we waited for the movie to start. "Hey, thanks for standing up for me with Danielle."

"No prob. You know I'll always have your back."

After the movie I looked over to see tears trailing down Angeline's cheeks. I couldn't help it I cracked up laughing and pointed at her, "You're crying!"

Her hand flew out to lightly slap my arm. "Shut up an stop being a bitch. People here don't need to know I have weaknesses."

I laughed as we walked out of the cinaplex. We were almost back to the dorms when we heard moaning coming from the bushes. Angeline and I looked at each other curiously and went over to look.

When I first saw the couple I nearly puked. Her shirt was pushed up to just above her bra while his was completely missing. The worst part was the skimpy skirt she had on coupled with even skimpier underwear. His hand was in them and laying on top of her crotch. Who knew what he was doing with it there but I certainly didn't want to know.

I made a gagging sound while Angeline laughed, "I think these two need to get a room. Fucking on the grass isn't the best idea."

The couple gasped and pulled apart. The girl righted her glasses and glared at Angeline and I. The guy turned to face us and both is us gasped. So much for guys at this school.

Angry, I stormed off toward my room. How could he?