Seven

Why am I friends with her? That question kept running through my mind as we raced across campus. "Where the hell are we going?" I yelled at her.

"Somewhere they can't get to us." she looked bet her shoulder an winked at me.

I followed her still, feeling beyond confused at this point. She had a plan though, she always had a plan. I could see her plan forming in the mischief that glinted in her eyes.

One moment we were running, the next she latched into my wrist and yanked me into the women's restroom. It finally made sense what she said. Somewhere they couldn't get us. "For once your genius is showing." I huffed in between breaths.

"Why are you so winded? Am I going to have to get you back into running again?" she asked with a laugh.

"I wouldn't have to get back into running if you would stop making me run! I think you enjoy torturing me." I glared.

"Think what you want but you know you loved it. It's invigorating!" She beamed.

"Fuck you." I flipped her the bird.

"Don't go blaming me now. It's Niall's fault he can't take a beating like a man. And you told me to grow some balls? At least I know when I'm beat and I live with it."

"If by live with it you mean complain for the next three months then yeah you live with it. Maybe you need to get beat more often. Beat some humbleness into you." I snapped.

She rolled her eyes, "Come on. You used to love adventure when we were little."

"Yes, but that was years ago. And it didn't involve so much running. I'm going to have to spend days on the lounge couch to make up for this exertion. After so long the shows start repeating." I complained.

"We know you're in there Angeline! Get the hell out here." Harry's voice boomed through the door.

"Sorry Angeline is not here at the moment. Please leave a message after the beep. Beep boop bob beebideep." she sang and stifled a laugh.

"Fine. We'll be waiting for you when you're ready to face us. You won't know when but we'll come when you're least expecting it." Niall's voice warned.

I swallowed a lump of fear. Niall and Harry may not be huge guys but they were still quite a bit larger than us. This would not turn out well for one of us, or both. Would Harry and Niall really hurt Angeline though? I couldn't imagine it.

"You're insane!" I screamed at Angeline. "I think you have a death wish!"

She just laughed, "Let's get to the dorm." she walked toward the door.

I pulled her back, "Are you insane? They're out there now waiting to beat you to a bloody pulp!"

"They aren't going to be there right now. They're going to make me sweat. Not that that will happen." she grabbed my hand and pulled me toward our room.

*****

Monday morning came all too soon for my liking. I could have spent another day laying in bed. School meant moving around and that was the last thing I wanted to do.

True to her word Angeline had brought me to the gym and forced me to run for three hours. Then forced me to walk around campus. She made me break my date with the couch in the lounge.

"Kendall get up we have to get to class." Angeline threw a pillow at me.

"I don't want to get up. You killed me yesterday." I groaned.

"You are such a wimp."

Cold air assaulted my body and I shot up. "Give me back my blankets Angeline!"

"We have to hurry or we'll miss first hour." she tossed my uniform at me.

She was already dressed in our black and red uniforms. A red shirt was tucked into black dress pants. On top of that was a black blazer with the school emblem stitched in red.

I got up and threw on the uniform. "Why do they make us wear this again."

"To make sure no one is singled out. While in classes we're all equals. Outside of class we can single each other out as much as we want. Just go with it and don't complain." she sighed.

"I'm ready. Let's just go." I muttered.

Angeline and I walked out of the room and right into Niall and Harry. Lord help me this is going to end in more running.