Twenty Four

Running outside I looked around to courtyard to find nobody, at all. I felt a shiver creep it's way up my spine. Not thirty seconds ago there had been a mob of people standing out here and now there was no one. Suddenly I noticed the lack of lighting around me and nearly jumped with the realization that it was nearly pitch black out. What had happened to the lap posts that constantly lit the pathways.

Looking at my watch I took off toward the dining hall. Halfway down the walkway the lap posts flickered to life and the feeling of being watched left me. Looking behind me I saw that everything was as it should be. Walkways lit by lights, and ahead of me, kids walking around with food.

I shook the fear from myself and walked to the line. Angeline popped up beside me, "Hey Kendall."

I jumped and nearly spilled the food I had just placed on my tray, "My gosh Angeline, don't scare me like that! I thought you were showering anyway."

"Are you insane Ken? it doesn't take me two hours to shower. I was just wondering how long it would take you to get down here. After all, you're never late for food." she smiled.

I narrowed my eyes, "Maybe all of your running has ruined my appetite."

She laughed, "As if. I don't think anything would ruin your appetite. Now let's go we're all waiting for you at the table," she tugged my arm in the direction of a table near the back if the dining room.

"I haven't even gotten my food yet Angel!" I complained.

"When you were late I got you some," she said making me a bit more willing to head over to the table.

"What did you get me?" I asked as I sat down at a seat with no food in front of it. "I swear if you say the table then I will personally strangle you."

She chuckled, "That would be interesting to see, but no." she slid a tray in front of me.

I smiled, "Tacos!" I didn't waste any more time and attacked my food with a vengeance. "Did anyone notice the lack of lights just a while ago?" I asked.

Angeline nodded, "A teacher came to the courtyard and explained that a there was a student playing pranks around campus and not long after the lights came back on."

I nodded. Somehow I doubted that the teachers explanation was true but what evidence did I have. "Has anyone seen Harry around?" I asked randomly.

Angel looked around the courtyard, "I don't think he came to dinner. why are you looking for him? I thought you were happy to have the whole Harry drama be done and over with."

I sighed and shoved my empty tray away from me, "I thought I was but then I realized that I missed it. I missed having someone focus on me for once. I realized that I had been doing just what he and you said. I never gave him a chance. Maybe I actually want to give him a chance now."

Angel's eyes widened as she looked behind me, "Maybe you shouldn't. I mean why change your mind now when it's been working so well?"

"You told me earlier that I needed to give him a chance. What the hell changed?" I insisted.

"Probably that," Erica nodded over to the food line.

I turned around and I swore the moment inlaid eyes on them I felt my food begin to swim up my throat. standing at the back if the food line was Harry standing with a red headed girl.

I looked the girl over with intense scrutiny. you could tell she had a pretty face but it was caked with foundation and fake tanning lotion. a thick line of silver liner went all the way around her eyes while a vibrant green coated her lids, and to top it off her lips were covered in a too saturated color of pink. Her shirt looked more like a bra while her shorts mimicked a pair of underwear.

I felt my facial expression form a disgusted grimace, it wouldn't be as bad if her ass and boobs weren't hanging out of her clothes caused by too much padding in a push up bra. "If he wants to go screw with other girls then he can go on ahead."

My eyes flicked to just the left of Harry and the girl to have my eyes land on Niall with a girl hanging all over him. Immediately my head whipped over to Angeline but her eyes were downcast and staring blankly at what food was left. She wasn't eating it but was just pushing it around.

"Let's go back to our room Angeline." I said.

Erica looked between the two of us, "I know it isn't my fault but I'm sorry about Niall and Harry. I honestly don't know how we're related anymore." she sighed.

I smiled, "Don't worry about it Erica," I said as Angeline walked over to the try return. No matter how bad her brother was I knew she could always be counted on for a kind word and someone to confide in. she was truly a good friend and a kind person to the bone.

As Angeline and I were about to walk out if the courtyard we were stopped by Harry, Niall, and their girls.

"Hello Kendall." Harry said, the arrogance that had been missing the past couple weeks was back in his voice. "I don't believe you've met Ronnie."

"No, I actually have. I had to bring her down to the office because she is failing the lifestyle class." I said forcing my voice to sound sweet as honey.

The red head gasped as a murderous gleam shined in her too green eyes, colored contacts I remember her telling me that day. "How dare you say such a thing, you bitch!"

I shrugged, "Why keep the truth?" I smiled again and looked at Harry throwing a peppy tone into my voice, "See you later, and close your mouth you may catch flies."

Grabbing Angeline's hand we walked away, well I skipped a little. Putting Harry in his place had given me a thrill I had never felt before. So why did it feel so wrong?

Guess who's back!! Yeah, it's just me. Alright we'll I know it's been a long time since I've update but I promise I have a good excuse. My iPod was stolen a few weeks ago and I had to get myself a whole new one. So right now I've just been getting this new one all set up and getting it signed into all of my accounts. I'm going to try to get back into updating but please bare with me while I get my ideas back and running through my brain again. Thank you for sticking with me throughout all this. I love you all!!!