Ninteen

After the talk with Harry I couldn't go back to sleep. Everything he had said kept rushing through my mind making me feel even more confused than usual. By the time I got back to the dorm Angeline was asleep in bed. For the first time in weeks she actually looked peaceful.

When I looked at the clock I knew classes would start in about two hours. Angeline needed her sleep and I wasn't going to be the one to deprive her of it. Walking over to her clock I switched off the alarm. I then got a pad of paper out and wrote a quick note to her.

Angeline,
When you wake up you will see that you "slept through your alarm". You didn't. Don't be mad because you needed the sleep and we both know it. Go back to sleep and get more. I'll tell the administrators that you feel sick. Try not to sneak off to the gym while I'm gone. Love you,
Kendall

I carefully taped the note to her clock and moved to my closet to dress. slipping into my usual shirt, blazer, skirt and legging combo I curled my hair and applied my make up. Thankfully Angeline and I had done out laundry because I had been almost out of leggings, and it was way too damn cold to not wear them.

As I grabbed my bag and key an headed out I was careful not to slam the door like usual. Instead I made sure it closed and clicked shut nearly silently.

"Why do you seem like you're sneaking out?" Harry's voice sounded behind me.

I jumped and spun around to face with with my hand placed over my pounding heart, "My lord Harry! You scared the shit out of me."

Just beyond Harry stood Niall who looked a little uncomfortable. "Well you don't seem to have soiled yourself so I think we're good," he smiled, "So why were you sneaking out?"

"I'm letting Angeline sleep. After being up all night letting out her frustrations at the gym she deserves it." I looked pointedly at Niall who at least had the decency to look ashamed. Angeline may have said she was over it but I sure wasn't.

"Want to walk to class together?" Harry asked.

I nibbled my lip trying to decide, "Okay." I agreed.

As we walked I noticed that Niall hung back and followed at a longer distance. Thinking about last night when I caught him with that girl I remember when he whispered Angeline's name. Why was he so obsessed? I can still remember that night last week when his sister told me he wanted to know how to beat her. Could Niall... like her?

I shook my head to clear my thoughts. What did I care if he did, it wouldn't make a difference either way.

We reached our first class and I walked in as Harry said goodbye to Niall. Taking my normal seat I rested my forehead on the desk. What was I going to do about this thing with Harry? If he didn't go with a girl this month then I would have no choice but to tell the truth and say that he wasn't who I thought he was.

The few times we had hung out he had been nothing but caring and thoughtful. How could someone who was truly like that act so differently on a normal basis? It simply didn't make sense.

*****

The rest of the day Harry walked me to all of my and was there to walk me to the next one when the bell rang. It was sweet, but was it something that someone who was just your friend would do? I had a feeling he was trying to be more but also trying not to make it obvious.

My last class of the day was Anatomy, which I had with Harry. We had been assigned lab partners, mine was not Harry. I didn't know if I was relieved or disappointed by that. Honestly, I wasn't sure. Maybe disappointed because I knew that Harry would at least dissect the cat that was laying in the try in front of me.

I was a cat lover, even had one back home, and no way was I comfortable cutting it apart. Unfortunately my partner felt the same way. She nearly puked when she learned what we were doing today. That left me to be the one to cut it open. I had tears in my eyes as I made a slit along its stomach. Suddenly my shoes were covered in something wet. The smell hit me and even cut through the stench of fromeldahyde. The sharp smell of puke had me looking at my partner shocked.

"I'm sorry Kendall!" She cried an ran out if the room. I just hoped that she went to the bathroom to clean up.

"Mrs. Aberknacky?" I called to the teacher sitting at the front of the room.

"Yes dear?" she asked then saw what covered my feet, "Oh dear, I don't know why Jena chose this class. Go to the bathroom and get cleaned up Kendall. You don't have to come back, just head on to your dorm it would be a waste f your time to stay." She bustled to the back of the room and hurried me out the door a s she picked up a mop an bucket.

I slipped off my shoes and dropped them in a trash can as I waked down the hall. There was no use keeping them and I didn't have the stomach to clean them. I had one more thing to do before I left school for the day and that was to put in Angeline's excuse.

*****

As I walked back to the dorm I couldn't help thinking about today. I had only ever had one boyfriend and things hadn't ended well between us. With Harry walking me to and from class I couldn't help but compare how I felt with Harry to how I felt with Derek.

There was no comparison, even if I thought the two alike at one time. Harry was nothing like Derek, but that is what makes me so nervous. If I fell for Derek even though I knew he was bad news, what does that mean for Harry?