Sixteen

"How did it go?" I vaguely heard Angeline's voice over the insistent babble in my head.

"Fine... Not.... I really don't know." I sighed propping my chin on my folded arms. "Om so confused. I don't want to like him or go out with him because I don't want to get hurt. If I admit that he's not so bad then I have to go on a date with him. The problem is that I'm not so sure I'll win anymore and that scares me."

"So change the rules." she said as she turned a page in her book.

I sat up and faced her, "What do you mean change the rules?"

"Think of it this way. We've been here long enough for him to find out that you're a big softie. He thinks that all he needs to do is act nice for a while and you'll become putty in his hands. He has found out your weakness so use his against him." she shrugged.

I gasped, "Oh my god Angeline you are genius! I'll do what you said and change the rules. Add a stipulation for him so this isn't all on me!"

She smiled and closed her book. "Good, now lets both get some sleep because we have school tomorrow."

Scooting herself under her covers she turned off her lamp and soon her snores filled the room. I rolled my eyes and dressed in my pajamas before going to bed myself. Ye her snores were quiet annoying but there were nights, when my mind was overly busy, those were the nights when her steady snores helped me fall asleep. Just like tonight.

*****

The next morning Angeline and I walked to the coffee cart before our first class. Angeline was beside me taking deep breaths in through her nose. "What are you doing?" I gave her a funny look.

"I love the smell of coffee it really wakes you up." she sighed dreamily.

"You hate coffee an yell at me for being addicted to caffeine."

"Exactly, and you are. The difference is the smell of coffee wakes you up and calls to you shouting that there is a new day so you better get your ass up an move." she smiled.

I rolled my eyes, "You really should be a poet Angel. That just screamed I'm a recluse who has nothing better to do than compare the smell of coffee to your parents waking you up." sarcasm dripped from my words heavily.

"Whatever you're up so order your cup of temporary energy." she pushed me forward.

Turning to face the counter I order a large caramel coffee. "Why are you in line again? You hate coffee and would die before drinking what you like to call 'a caffeine high in a cup'."

"Hot chocolate baby!" she smirked and did a quick little dance, causing me to laugh.

Once Angeline and I had our drink we strolled across campus toward our first classes. "Do you know exactly what you're going to do about Harry?" Angeline asked keeping her cup poised at her lip so the tendrils of steam curled around her face.

"I think so. I'm going to beat him at his own game. If he really wants a date with me then he will have to work hard and prove beyond a doubt that he is different. I'm going to beat him at his own game." I smiled and gave her a wink.

"You'll tell me about it after class right?" She called as she backed up toward the science wing and I toward the math.

"Of course!" I called, "What else are you good for?"

Turning my back to her middle finger, that was currently 'very excited to see me', I walked into the building and into the classroom where I took my usual seat. Mr. Jacobs wasn't in his room yet so I pulled out my book and began to read about Dracula. How ironic that I was currently battling my own evil creature of the night. The difference was mine promised killer orgasms and an unforgettable night while Dracula didn't promise anything.

"Hi Kendall." Harry's voice sounded in my ear startling me. Speak of the devil and he shall come.

I turned to face him while still being able to look over him without being noticed. He wore cargo pants cut to be shorts and a London Prep hoodie that had the sleeves ripped off. All in all he looked like the embodiment of a bad boy. One that mothers were afraid to allow their girls around and fathers threatened with large guns. With my eyes traveling back up his body I met his eyes, bad idea.

I cleared my throat to cover up my awkward pause. "Hi Harry. I actually wanted to talk to you." I smiled and motioned for him to sit beside me.

The teasing glint left his eyes to be replaced by a more cautious look. "What is it Kendall?"

"I realized last night as you were asking me how I thought if you after dinner that I was the only person in this agreement that had a stipulation. How can someone win or lose if there is no way for the other person to lose?" I smirked.

He looked a bit frightened and he had every right to be. He quickly replaced his wide eyes look with a calm and laid back persona that I knew was fake. "So what is my stipulation, love?" He smiled.

He wasn't going to be smiling for long, "Well to recap mine is that for this next month we're going to hang out and if I admit that you rally aren't that bad, to anyone, I lose. Is that correct?"

Harry nodded, "Yes it is."

"Well your stipulation is that you cannot be with any other girl through this entire month. If you go on a date with another girl or," I paused an scrunched up my face, "do the nasty. Then I win and you lose."

His eyes widened and this time he didn't try to cover it up. "What?!"

"You heard me Romeo. Keep away from girls, just for this month, and you won't lose. If you go with a girl then this is all over and I don't have to live up to my word of giving you a chance. I win and you leave me alone."

Harry got a determined look on his face, "Deal!"