Fourteen

After Angeline was done with practice I rushed out of the building. Harry winked at me, but why? This is why I hate guys, they're so confusing. How are girls confusing huh? We like chocolate, ice cream, sappy movies, shopping, eating, and being lazy. Except when we don't. How is that so confusing?

I went back to the dorm, leaving Angeline to make her own way back. She was a big girl and didn't need me to show her around. Right now I just needed some space. Harry was becoming more insistent than ever and I had to keep reminding myself that I could never want him.

I wrapped my arms around my middle as I walked. Ever since...him... I haven't been able to trust any human with a penis. He had ruined dating for me. Whenever I saw a guy I saw a liar and a cheat. They could be the sweetest and most innocent guy ever and yet I couldn't stomach being around them.

How was I going to be able to trust again? If I held onto the pain from that one instance would I ruin my life? Would it keep me from finding the love I had always dreamed of or getting the family I had always wanted?

"Boo!" someone's hands covered my eyes as they yelled the words.

I screamed and kicked my foot up behind me. I hit him square in the nuts. The hands fell away from my face and I saw Harry falling to the ground clutching where I had kicked him. He was shirtless, showing off all if the muscles I had come to appreciate as I watched him practice.The only clothing he had on were a pair of shorts and sneakers.

"What is wrong with you? Did you not think that I might try to protect myself from someone I didn't know putting their hands over my eyes."

"I was just trying to surprise you. Looks like I managed that." He said with a pained smile.

"My God you are an idiot aren't you?" I said and helped him stand up.

"I try." this time his smiled was less painful ed and more pleasant. "So about tonight. How about I pick you up at six?"

I bit my lip feeling confused, "Look Harry I'm not sure about going out with you tonight."

"It's not a date Kendall. It's just friends getting together. You go to dinner with Angeline don't you?" He raised his eyebrows questioningly.

"Well yes, but..."

"But what? It isn't any different. So what if I'm a guy? Don't you have guy friends back home?" He asked.

"Yes but..."

"I get it. They aren't players like I am. Jesus, Kendall I thought we were actually past that." He groaned and ran his hands through his hair.

"I'll see you at six." I said and quickly walked off toward my dorm. It was four-thirty already and if I truly was going to do this than I had to get ready which meant getting out of this uniform.

I unlocked the door to our room and saw Angeline already in the room, coming out of the shower. "Where were you after practice?" She asked as she rubbed a towel over her wet hair.

"I ran into Harry on my way back from the dorm. Well actually he ran into my foot." she met my gaze with a questioning look. "He put his hands over my eyes and yelled boo. So I kicked him in the nuts." I shrugged and walked over to the closet. "I'm going to dinner with him tonight. I know you said it was a bad idea but you Allentown me to make my own choice. We're going as friends and that's all."

She just shrugged, "It is your decision. I'll be here when you get back." she said as she flopped herself on her bed.

"That's it? No yelling? No telling me that I'm an idiot?" I asked.

Angelina just chuckled. "I'm sure can figure those things out for yourself. Run along and get ready." she picked up a book and began reading.

I stood there for a bit longer just staring at her. I usually got a huge speech on how my decision was ultimately going to get me hurt. Hell, I always got that speech. Well if I have a reprieve from it then I might as well enjoy it.

I took my clothes into the bathroom with me and took a hot shower like I had been wanting to do all day. The shower loosened my muscles that had tensed up since my encounter with Harry. I sighed as I stepped out of the shower feeling blissfully happy for a few second before the cold air hit me.

I immediately grabbed a towel and began drying myself off. Dressing I looked in the mirror and groaned. I hadn't taken my make up off before getting in the shower. I had black streaks running down my cheeks from my mascara and eyeliner.

Walking over to the sink I grabbed a washcloth and whiped the streaks from my face. After brushing my teeth, drying my hair, and applying my make up I walked out of the bathroom to where Angeline was reading. "How do I look?" unasked spinning in a full circle.

I was wearing a Choral blue off the shoulder tee with stylishly ripped jeans. My hazel eyes were lined with a light brown liner, making them look bigger and more videos rant. My DC sneakers had my jeans tucked in and a piano belt wrapped around my waist.

"You look fab but does it honestly matter?" She asked setting her book on her stomach. "Unless it's a date."

"Shut up Angeline. It's not a date and you know it. Don't harass me about this." I glared.

"I wasn't harassing you. Look in just don't want you to get hurt again. You're dressing like it's a date and your acting worried about your appearance like it's a date. To anyone that doesn't k ow they would think that it's a date." she said.

I sighed, "Its not a date but the problem is that I don't know if I want it to be or not."

"Just be careful," she said as we heard a knock on the door.

I nodded and walked over to open it. Taking a deep breath I looked up into Harry's face. Our eyes met and infect my stomach clench up. I couldn't like him right? He was everything I didn't need and nothing I did. He played with a girl's feelings, had sex with them, and then dropped them as if they were poisonous. I had vowed to myself that I would never go through that again, and unplanned to keep that vow.

Still with every warning in my body going off telling me to go back in my room and lock the door I walked out and closed the door. I smiled and the two of us walked through campus side by side. We were almost to the restaurant when just noticed someone who looked familiar. He was standing by the front doors looking around. His face turned toward us and as the light hit his features I felt my breath catch in my throat. I stopped dead in my tracks, causing Harry to stop as well. How was he here? I thought I would never see that face again.