Five

How could he? I was pretty sure he knew that Angeline liked him. How could he leave himself in plain view with a girl like that? She had seen them and I had seen the sadness in her eyes.

All of a sudden she rushed past me running toward our room. Yes, she was devastated. The consequences of crushes, they have the ability to crush you.

Anger surged through me. Making my way to Harry's dorm I banged on the door. A very tired looking Harry opened the door, looking confused. The moment he recognized me a smirk lot up his features, "So, you couldn't stay away could you Kendall?"

My hand flew out and slap him square across the face. "Pass that along to your buddy Niall for hurting best friend." I fumed.

"What the fuck are you talking about? Niall is in..." he looked behind him to see Niall's bed was empty. "oh."

"Yeah, oh. You know I don't even know why I gave you a chance! This just shows that both of you are assholes that can't be trusted. I actually thought Niall was the better one of you two. God I was so wrong."

"Wait a second Kendall. I haven't done anything!"

"Yes! You wildly though. Goodbye Harry." I spat and turned my back to go back to my dorm.

When I got to the bottom of the stairs I ran into Niall. "Kendall!" he said sounding shocked. "Look about back there..."

I cut him off, "It doesn't matter anymore. I hope you're happy. You knew Angeline had feelings for you but like a classic asshole you didn't care. You did what and who you pleased without any care for anyone else's feelings. I actually thought you were decent."

His expression turned pained, "Look I didn't want to hurt Angel."

"Don't call her that, don't you dare call her that! Only people who care about her can call her that! Only people who are decent human beings can call her that! Rot in hell!" I pushed past him, purposely knocking my shoulder into his as I walked past.

I had to get back to the room I shared with Angeline. Who knew what she was doing. Crying? Or worse?

I picked up my pace and sprinted through the corridors. Man I hated running.

When I got to the room I heard grunts coming from the other side. That could only mean one thing.

I opened the door to see Angeline in shorts and a sports bra beating at a punching bag. She was definitely hurt by seeing Niall there. I went up to her and laid a hand on her shoulder, "Come on Angeline he's not worth being sad over."

"Sad? Who says I'm sad? I'm perfectly fine, can't you see?"

I sighed, "You would never work out without a shirt unless you're angry because you sweat more when you're angry."

"Angry isn't sad. I get angry a lot but I don't feel sad." she threw more punches.

"You cover your sadness with anger. I know you Angeline. Don't act like this over some guy."

Plopping down on her bed she sighed, "He wasn't just some guy to me. He was the first guy I ever really liked because you can't count Travis, that was first grade. I'll get over it though."

"But does getting over it mean removing yourself from your emotions?" I asked sadly.

She simply shrugged and went to her closet. "I'm showering then heading to bed." she said before hurrying from the room.

I sighed as I laid down on my own bed. As if I didn't have enough on my mind with Harry. Now Niall has to go and hurt my best friend. Gotta love high school.