Twelve

When we finished our food we left the restaurant we headed back to the dorm. Our original server had never returned to the table but had instead sent another waiter in her place. Angeline and I were highly entertained by that.

"Have you ever seen someone so scared? I can't believe she believed me." I laughed.

"Well I could see your face from where I was. You had this murderous glare on your face. It def did not look like you were joking."

I just shrugged, "She kinda deserved it. Did you see how rude she was?"

Angeline rolled her eyes, "No reason to scare the lady to death."

"It definitely was. Anyway, what do you want to do?"

"I have an English paper I have to get working on. I've put it off long enough, we better head back to the dorm."

"Fine. Oh, how about we head to the pool tomorrow. I could really use a dip especially after all of this running you've made me do."

"You really aren't going to let that go are you?" she rolled her eyes at me.

"Nope," I popped the p, "Come on let's get back so you can do your paper. I think I'm going to have a make up date with the couch."

"Don't you have homework as well? I know you have Jacobs and he always gives homework."

"Yeah, I do. I'm going to do it with my ass planted firmly on the lounge sofa."

Angeline laughed at me, "You really seem to love that sofa."

"It's not me who loves the sofa it's the sofa that loves me. I swear it has an obsession with my ass. We may have to schedule an intervention." I smiled widely.

"Whatever floats your boat." She replied unlocking the door. "I have free hour during first block tomorrow, what about you?"

"Same. I'm thinking of sleeping in for once." I said as I searched through my things for my algebra work.

"I'll meet you at school then. I'm going to heat to the library."

"Works for me." I grabbed a pencil and headed out the door, "Don't wait up!"

"Then take a key!" she called back.

I hurried back in feeling embarrassed, "I always forget it."

"It's been a year an a half you'd think you would remember by now." she chuckled.

"I have enough on my mind without having to think about a stupid key. Bye." I walked out and turned toward the student lounge.

The lounge was a large room that was a teen's dream. The only way to describe it would be the ultimate hang out. In the back were two pool tables, an air hockey table, and a drink dispenser. Scattered throughout the room were couches, chairs, and beanbags in plenty of wacky colors. A set of couches and chairs were set up to surround the large flat screen television and glass coffee table. There was also a music system and computers lined up against one wall. Add in the free wifi and you have paradise for any teen.

I set down my books on the bar in front of the drink machine. Walking around the side of it I grabbed a cup and filled it with Monster. I was going to need the caffeine to keep me awake. It was already edging on eleven and I had a pile of work to be done.

One of my friends, Erica, came up to me as I sat back down. "Hey Kendall how are you doing?" she asked in her thick Irish accent.

There were times when I could easily compare her to Niall but she was so sweet it threw off the comparison. Her hair was a light brown and her eyes were such a vibrant shade of blue they reminded me of a neon. She was slim with a figure any girl would die to have. The problem was she ate like a trucker.

"Hi Erica what's going on?" I asked and opened my book.

"I was just on my way back to my room when I saw you. I figured I'd join you for a while." she smiled.

"Don't try to fool me Erica. I know you never stay out this late."

"Alright I wanted to ask you something. Well, my brother wanted me to ask you." she said a bit quieter.

I sighed and swiveled the chair to face her, "What does that miscreant want now?"

"He wants to know how to beat your friend. Angeline, is that her name?"

"It is and tell your brother that there isn't a way to beat her that I know. He shouldn't even be worried about it. She isn't going to instigate another fight with him. He's an ass." I snapped.

"I didn't want to ask but he knew you wouldn't have even said a word to him. Besides he paid me fifty bucks. I only had to ask so it was worth it. Have a good night Kendall!" she hopped off the stool an strode out of the lounge.

Ladies and gentleman I give you Erica, last name Horan, sister of the devil himself.