Eight

I was just beginning to enjoy life, why does this always happen? Niall and Harry were leaning against the wall opposite out door with smirks on their faces. I had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach where this would lead.

"As much as I would love to talk with you boys we're going to be late for class." Angeline smiled then grabbed my hand and ran toward the school building.

"Please explain to me why I'm still friends with you! Every time we get into a situation you make me fucking run!" I moan.

"You're such a baby." she laughed.

I could hear Harry and Niall's shouts from behind us. Most of the words were profanities coupled with stops and slow the fuck downs. Such gentleman aren't they? Harry's attitude just gives me all the more reason to alienate myself from him.

"See you at lunch!" Angeline called as we neared the building and she was forced to run toward the other end of the school.

I waved goodbye and slowed my stride but kept jogging, still not trusting I wasn't one of the targets. Add on the fact that Harry is in my next class opens up plenty of opportunities to attack. Geez, I'm so paranoid. Harry would never attack someone in class and around teachers.

Reaching my algebra class I waved to Mr. Jacobs as he sat at his desk doing a crossword. What is with old people in crosswords? Is it inherited with age or something? I am so not looking forward to getting old.

I say down at my usual desk and put my head down on my books to slow my breathing. All I wanted to do was spend a weekend on a couch watching reruns of Tom and Jerry. Plans and Angeline don't go together very well though. She's too spontaneous to ever truly plan something lazy with her. If she ever sat still for ten minutes I would throw a party.

Someone sat beside me and I already knew who. Looking up I was met with the sight of a familiar green eyes curly hair boy. Harry.

"Hi Kendall." he smiled.

My eyes widened at his friendly tone, "Bipolar much?" I couldn't help it, the words just flew from my mouth. I started the grave, might as well make it an appropriate depth. "Five minutes ago you were chasing me across campus shouting profanities at me."

"I wasn't shouting them at you. I was shouting them at Angeline. What is up with her by the way? She just comes into the gym and beats up Niall. She needs some serious anger management." he said offhandedly.

"Anger management? Her?" I thought about it for a second, "Probably. But not for what she did to Niall. That was totally justified. How would you feel if the girl you liked knew you liked them but basically had sex with another girl in front of the dorms anyways? He never turned down her affections but instead led her on then nearly fucked another girl. Niall needed his ass handed to him." I seethed.

"Maybe but she went overboard. That isn't why I wanted to talk to you." he said dismissively. "I wanted to see if you wanted to go to dinner tomorrow? We could go to the burger joint on campus." he offered.

Did I want to? You promised him that you'd give him a chance. You can't go back in your word. If I went back in what I said then I would be a hypocrite. I groaned, "Alright but only for the sake of giving you a chance."

I can't believe that I was doing this. I must be the stupidest person on Earth.

The smirk was back on his face, "Its a date." he winked and walked to his usual seat at the back of the classroom.

A date? I gulp as I thought about what it would be like to go on a date with Harry. Would he be one of the guys that leans in for a kiss after the first date or wait? Why did I even want to know? Harry is a player who enjoys pulling on girls' heart strings.

Yet I suddenly wanted him to pull me mine. I already had begun getting this fluttery feeling when I was close to him. I could like him though. He and Niall were after Angeline and had hurt her. My stupid smile sink into a disgusted frown.

How could I be thinking about liking Harry. I had promised myself that I would never like a player like him. How could I be so stupid? Why had I agreed to this stupid bet? Well I was going to win because I could t let Harry go on an actual date with me.

I needed to cancel that dinner tomorrow.

At the end of class I walked up to Harry. He was with his friends but I didn't let that deter me.

"Harry we need to talk." I said slamming my hand down on his desk.

"Don't be so worried baby cheeks. I promise we're going to have fun tomorrow night. You'll remember me forever. Every girl remembers her first." he winks.

"You insensitive pig!" I shouted and ran from the class.

Harry's friends were laughing behind me. Their laughs were taunting. How could he be sweet one second yes so cold and sleezy the next?

"Kendall hold up." Harry called.

"Keep away."

"I'm sorry Kendall!" he sighed dramatically.

I turned a glare on him, "Sorry?! You treated me like some sleezy slut that would willingly fall into bed with you after one night." I poke him in the chest as hard as I could.

"Sleezy slut? No, Kendall you could never be one of those girls." he paused as he looked deep into my eyes, "You remind me if my mother." he whispered. I wasn't sure if I was even meant to hear that.

"Compliments aren't going to get you anywhere." I snap and walk into my next class. His mother? What was I supposed to mean?

I had never seen his mother. His dad was always the one to drop him off at campus. He only ever spoke of his father yet now he mentions his mother to me. I don't understand.

I sat down next to Angeline. Maybe she knew something about his mother, "Angeline, do you know anything of Harry's mother?" I asked.

She looked shocked, "No, nobody does. He keeps her a secret and never speaks of her. Even his student file has nothing about her."

"Weird... Wait! You've ready his student file?" I asked feeling completely shocked.

"Duh." was all she said before turning her attention to the front.

If Harry spoke about his mother to me then that means I know more than anyone else. Why though? It doesn't make sense why he would bring her up. I remind him of her? The questions keep piling up and answers just don't seem to be in sight.