Seventeen

"Why do you look so happy?" Angeline asked as we left the school grounds and headed back to out room.

"I gave Harry a stipulation that will eventually cause him to lose."

She raised an eyebrow at me, "And what would that be?"

"I may have to give him a chance but throughout this month he cannot be with any other girl. I've just set him up to fail." I smiled.

Rolling her eyes she unlocked our door, "We'll have to see. Who knows maybe he can keep his dick in his pants long enough."

"We'll see. I have a feeling that this is going to be an easy win for me."

Angeline didn't say anything more as she walked into the room. I furrowed my eyebrows feeling confused. What had gotten into her.

"Don't worry sweetie I'll take good care of you tonight."

I saw Angeline tense up at the sound of Niall's voice in the hallway. I turned around to see Niall walking past with a brunet. I stuck my head out and got the girl's attention.

"Sweetie your best bet is to just go back to your dorm," I told her. "He'a going to have a quickie with you and then the next day he won't remember your face let alone your name."

The girl immediately turned on Niall and slapped him across the face. As she stomped away Niall turned in me. "What is your problem? Something bad happens to your friend and all of a sudden I'm not allowed to live my life?" By now he was in my face and our noses were about an inch from touching.

"Not just something you ass. You hurt her therefor you lose your right to live your life. In my mind at least." I sneered.

"Kendall cut it out." Angeline's voice sounded tired.

I whirled around to face her, "What do you mean cut it out? He hurt you!"

"No, he opened my eyes to see that he wasn't worth anything. My eyes were clouded with my feelings but I can see now that he was a mistake all along. He's nothing to me anymore." she sighed.

I turned back around to face Niall. His eyes held a deep hurt in their crystal blue depths that I didn't understand. I didn't care anymore. I backed up into the room and went to close the door. A moment before it latched I swore I heard Niall whisper Angeline's name.

Shrugging it off I turned to face Angeline. "You're just going to let him go after what he did to you?"

"Yep. Look I don't care anymore and he's not worth it. If he can't give a fuck about how I felt then I don't give a fuck about him. I'm just going to move on. You should too." she threw over her should as she dressed in sweats. "Are you coming to the gym with me?" she asked.

I shook my head and motion to my bag, "I have a bunch of work to do. Dot be out late."

"Don't worry I won't. I just need to run for a while." she headed to the door.

"Wait!" I called and walked to her bag. Grabbing her inhaler I tossed it to her, "Just in case."

She smiled wearily at me and walked out the door. I frowned, feeling worry come over me. Angeline looked sleep deprived and beyond tired. Running was not going to help her.

Falling back on my bed I closed my eyes an remembered the day Angeline and I first arrived here.

*****flashback*****

"This place is so amazing!" I had gushed.

"This place is so cold." came Angeline's reply. She bent down and searched in her bag for a jacket to put on.

I laughed, seeing the jacket tied around her waist, "Angel,"

"Not now I'm trying to find my jacket." she griped.

"You mean the one tied around your waist?"

Standing up straight she felt her waist and sure enough there was her jacket. "Don't look so proud. I knew it was there."

"Mhmm sure you did." I rolled my eyes at her childishness. "Do you at least know where the check in office is?" I asked, "Or is that located around your waist as well?"

Placing her hands on her hips Angeline gave me an exaggerated eye roll, "Its right behind you genius."

I turned around to see an older lady sitting at a table and handing keys to students. "Shut up smartass."

The two of us picked up our bags and walked over to the desk. "Hello I'm Kendall Knight and this is Angeline King." I smiled.

The lady looked at us, "You sign here," she pointed to my name on a sheet then looked at Angeline and pointed to her name, "and you sign here."

I leaned over and signed next to our name. Two keys were tossed onto the table, "Room six twenty-four in Baker Hall."

I smiled and grabbed my key, "Have a nice day."

"Not likely," came her reply.

I widened my eyes as I walked away with Angeline. "What's her problem?"

"She doesn't like kids." a male voice said from behind us.

Turning around we saw a handsome boy with dyed blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. When he smiled his white teeth sparkled in the sun. Next to him stood a boy with a mop of curly brown hair and beautiful green eyes that reminded me of the grass in my backyard. By Angeline's small gasp I could tell she liked one if them.

"Hello, I'm Niall. Niall Horan. This dope here is Harry." the blonde boy said holding out his hand.

Angeline and I both shook it. "I'm Angeline King and this is my friend Kendall Knight." Angeline smiled. Oh, she liked Niall how cute.

"Where are you girls headed?" Harry asked.

"Baker Hall. We're in room six twenty-four." I said looking down at the key I was given.

"Cool, we're in Grange Hall which is right across from Baker Hall. Do you girls need any help finding it?" Niall asked sweetly.

"I actually think we're good Niall but we appreciate the hospitality." I grabbed Angeline and pulled her toward the building marked Baker Hall.

When we were out of hearing distance I began to giggle, "You think Niall is cute!"

"So what?" she huffed. "You should have let them show us here." she said with a whispy tone to her voice.

"Yeah, and give you more time to drool. If I did and you were caught mid drool you would kill me for not telling them no." I rolled my eyes.

"True. I'm glad our IQ scores were high enough to get us accepted here. Who knew nerd boys could be so hot." Angeline fanned herself dramatically.

"Well of course! We're in England now baby not boring old United States." I laughed.

*****flashback over*****

After that day Angeline had had a major crush on Niall and, if I was truly honest, I had had a crush on Harry. The problem was that the day we discovered they were players we were disgusted. It didn't stop our feelings, as shown by Angeline's reaction to seeing Niall nearly screwing a girl on the grass.

Now I admitted it, Harry was starting to grow on me and I had liked him for a while. The problem was that I still couldn't admit that he was not all bad. In my mind, no matter how cute he was, he still had a terrible sense of right and wrong.

Well I had to keep an eye on Harry because I was never going to admit he was okay. I couldn't let someone like him get past my walls because it would only bring more heartache.