Mr Jefferson, Welcome Home

seven

Today was Saturday, one of James's off days.
He didn't set his alarm on these days, he savoured the extra hours of sleep and lying awake but doing nothing.
It was so relaxing.
It was one of the reasons he enjoyed living alone; he could lay in bed for hours doing nothing, and no one was there to bother him about it.
James woke around ten but didn't actually get out of bed until twelve, he stayed in bed reading fan fiction.
He showered and threw on an old shirt and jeans before heading to the kitchen for food.
He opened the fridge and sighed he hadn't been shopping in a while, the fridge was pretty much empty.
He couldn't procrastinate any more.

"Time to be responsible." He said to himself as he slipped on a sweater and shoes. He grabbed his phone and keys and headed off.
He stepped alone into the elevator, his complex had underground parking for its residents.
He located his car and climbed in, starting the short drive to the shops. Much to his disadvantage, the traffic was pretty bad and when he finally reached the shops, it had been twenty minuets.
James sighed with relief upon finding a park close to the entrance, he didn't feel like doing much that day so the short distance was welcoming.

Halfway there, he heard his name being called. He also heard move!
When he turned, he saw a trolley rolling toward him very quickly with someone in it, and someone chasing after it.
He moved aside as it went past.

"James! Hey." He could recognize the voice now at a closer distance. It was Peggy.

"Hey." He said as she stopped beside him, worn out from chasing the trolley.
"Who was in that?"

"Maria." Peggy said, still heaving to catch her breath.

"Hey guys!" A new voice, Maria's, called. Both James and Peggy looked to see Maria walking back without the trolley.

"Where is the trolley?" Peggy asked.

"Just up there." Maria pointed behind her, to the entrance of the shop. "It hit the curb and I fell out."

"You're bleeding." James commented. A tear in Maria's jeans showed the red on one of her knees. The ball of her palms were scratched up too.

"I'm fine." Maria informed him. Peggy, concerned, glanced at her then James, he shrugged.
Maria was a daredevil you could say. She seemed to really enjoy scaring her girlfriend, who of course Peggy.
James was upset when he found out but still happy for the girls. It didn't take him all the long to get over it, but even now he still felt just a little, little bit sad.

"You should be more careful." Peggy told her before taking her hand and holding it to comfort herself.
Without discussing it, the three walked into the shop together.

Peggy had to get another trolley, she refused to let Maria push it. Maria then tried to persuade James into letting her use his. He rejected, so she was left grumpy and walking between the two.
A small conversation started and at some point that all agreed on hanging out with James that evening.

"We could watch a movie." Peggy suggested.

"And get pizza." Maria added, James agreed.

"What movie?" He asked, both girls shrugged. They decided they'd figure it out when the time came.

After paying for their items, they headed back to the carpark.

"Where's your car?" James asked as they all walked to his.

"We walked." Said Maria.

"I walked. You found a trolley on the side of the road and left me." Peggy corrected her, James had to stifle a laugh.