meepmerp

It had been a beautiful wedding. Thomas was Lafayette's best man and had presented a wonderful speech.
All the guests took their turns in concragtulating the newly wedded couple and, those that Lafayette had told of James, acquainting themselves with him.
He was overwhelmed and excused himself, slipping out of the resturant for air. Someone cleared their throatand he jumped.

"O-oh," he calmed down, seeing it was Lafayette's husband, a man called Hercules. "It's just you."

Hercules nodded and made his way to stand beside James. "It's just me... We haven't met properly yet."

"You're right, yes!" James turned quickly. "I'm James-Thomas' boyfriend."

"It's nice to meet you," Hercules shook his hand. "I'm Hercules- officially Lafayette's husband."
The two chuckled and silence fell for a moment.

"It's overwhelming, I know." Hercules said suddenly, James looked to him. "When I first came here I could introduce myself and that was it."

James became curious, "Why come to France?"

"I was studying abroad,"

"Oh.." James nodded. If you guys want I might do a little chapter thingy of how Hercules and Lafayette met?

The two simply talked for a while more, becoming well acquainted and maybe even friends.

"We should go back in," James suggested, figuring Lafayette and Thomas would be looking for them both.
Hercules nodded and the two headed back into the restaurant.

"Mon cheri." Lafayette's arms were around Hercules immediately. "Where'd you go?"

"Just needed some air,"

Thomas took James' hand suddenly, startling him just a little. "You okay?"

"Yeah, it's just... everything's a bit overwhelming."

Thomas kissed his forehead and music began to play, the guests enjoyed themselves dancing.

"Let's dance," Thomas sugested, pulling James to the dance floor before he could say yes or no.

~

It was early in the evening a few days later when Thomas and James went out for a walk. To James it was sightseeing but Thomas had already seen everything, his eyes were always on James.
He just melted at his smile and cheerful remarks, happy to take as many pictures as James wanted.

A few times they asked a random passerby to take the pictures because James insisted Thomas be in them.
His favourite was them kissing in front of the Eiffel tower (if you drew this i would love you endlessly).

"Do you want to go up?" Thomas asked, pointing up to the Eiffel tower.

"Ohmygod, can we?"
Thomas smiled, taking James' hand and leading him.

It had grown noticeably later in the evening when they reached the top, James had tried telling Thomas they didn't have to go all theway up but Thomas insisted and paid forthe elevator.

"It's..." James started, looking outat the city below. "Whoa..."

Thomas chuckled a little. "James, I love you. I love you so much- you are more precious to me than my own life."

James smiled a little but secretly he was a little confused as to why Thomas was telling him this all of a sudden.

Thomas took both of James' hands in his own. "I'm so thankful for you. You make me so happy and I can't imagine being without you."

"Thomas..." James slowly pulled his hands away. "Why are you saying this?"

Thomas sighed, his gaze falling to his shoes. "I'm dying, James."