final chapter

"I'm dying, James."

There was a long pause, an uncomfortable and tense silence.

"You're..." James shook his head. "What?"

"I'm sick," Thomas said before James was in his arms. With his face in Thomas' chest, he shook his head and mumbled incoherently. Thomas hugged James back tightly.

"You can't be," he mumbled relatively clearly.

"You're right," said Thomas quietly. James looked up at him, his eyes filled with tears.

"What?"

Thomas smiled then began to laugh, James pulled back from the hug and looked up to him sternly.
"I was joking, James."

James punched Thomas' shoulder hard and shoved him back when he tried to hug him. "That's not funny!"

Thomas kept laughing. 'Awh. James, c'mon."

"Why would you do that?" He dried his eyes and shook his head. "I thought you meant it- why would you scare me like that?"

"I'm sorry, Jemmy." Thomas grabbed James' hand. "It was a joke!"

"Not a funny one," James snatched his hand away and turned, crossing his arms.

"I said I'm sorry. Look at me," Thomas pleaded, a smile still on his face. James shook his head and stared out across the city.
"Please James. It wasn't funny, you're right- please just look at me."
James sighed and bit his lip.

"Jemmy, I'm sorry. Look at me please."

James finally turned around.
Thomas was on his knee, an open black ring box in his hands. He smiled up at James unsurely.

"Oh my God," he muttered, his hands over his mouth in shock.

"James," Thomas started. "James Madison; will you marry me?"

More tears formed in James' eyes as he nodded hastily, his words stuck in his throat. Thomas stood and took James's hand, laughing quietly at the way he shook. He slipped the ring, a silver band, onto James' finger.

James threw his arms over Thomas' shoulders and kissed him, joyful tears running down his cheeks. He pulled back and dried his eyes.

"Thomas..." he said almost in a laugh, looking down at the ring before up at Thomas.

"I love you, James." Thomas said, taking both of his hands.

"I love you too." James said quietly. "I love you so much."
Thomas smiled and pulled him in to another kiss.

~
This is the end! Uh... France? Is officially a completed train wreck.
I am personally satisfied but if you don't like the ending I'm sorry I can't do anything about it. I'm so proud of myself for finishing it.

Thank you all so much for reading this, I know it's been somewhat of a wild ride.

Anyways anyways
I will be writing a little thingy for Lafayette and Hercules, as I said in the earlier chapter.

That will probably be the last thing I put into this story, exept maybe updates on my other writings if anyone wwants them.

Thanks to everyone. I hope you enjoyed this story.