The Date....

(was set, my father let me marry!!! I Married!!!! sorry I'm Falsettos trash)

James changed quickly into something more comfortable and casual before heading  to the lounge room where Thomas waited.

"You ready?" He asked upon noticing James enter the room. 

James nodded, "Yeah, let's go." Thomas smiled and stood, hesitating before taking James' hand.

"Can I hold your hand?" He asked nervously, James chuckled a little and grabbed Thomas' hand. Thomas lead him down to his car and even opened the door for him, James went red.

"So, where are we going?" He asked as Thomas started the car.

Shrugging, he answered truthfully; "I don't know. I didn't think you would say yes so I didn't plan anything."

James laughed a little, "Understandable," he said. Continuing the drive in silence, Thomas pulled in at one of those little home maker centre things that have like 3 or four restaurants in a row. I am unsure if that's just here or other places have them too but oh well.

"Pick a restaurant," Thomas said as they got out of the car. "Any restaurant."  (Like, pick a card any card, ya get me?)

James laughed and pointed to the small Chinese take away restaurant because I fucking love Chinese food. They two went in a found a nice table, candles were being used to light them up seeing as it was the evening now and getting dark.

"Well, this is romantic," James commented somewhat sarcastically as Thomas and their waitress struggled to understand each other. Thomas finally had the brilliant idea of typing what he wanted to say into google translate and eventually their orders were placed. This however earned them strange looks from neighbouring tables which James did not like very much. "People are staring," he mumbled.

"What? Mind your own business." Thomas shot glares at the people watching. They quickly looked away, returning their focus to their own activities. "Now they're not."

James nodded, "I can see that." He said quietly and a little awkwardly, Thomas noticed this. 

"What's wrong?" He asked, leaning forward a little. 

"Nothing, nothing..." James assured him. "It's just....this, I guess."

"What do you mean?" Thomas was now quite confused and a little worried that he'd done something wrong. "Is this your first date or something?"

James said nothing for a moment and just nodded. "Y-yeah. Kinda," He mumbled. Thomas awed and laughed a little, James went red.

"I'm the first person you've ever had a date with!" Thomas sounded like a child on Christmas, as annoying as James found it he thought it was cute. "That's so cute."

James was thankful that their meals arrived just as Thomas finished. They thanked the waitress and began eating whilst Thomas continued his teasing. Eventually James was having Thomas crack open his fortune cookie over his dish and let the crumbling biscuit fall into his food.

"Fuck you," James said with a mouthful of food, Thomas only laughed and read out the fortune.

"All the effort you are making will ultimately pay off."

James, having removed the bits of biscuit from his plate, cracked open his own fortune cookie and read it aloud too. "Look around; happiness is trying to catch you."

Thomas, a cheeky smirk playing on his lips, reached over the table and grabbed James. "Caught you," he said. James laughed and smacked his hands away playfully.

"This is nice," James eventually commented.

"I hope so." Thomas nodded. "I wouldn't want to ruin your first ever date let alone our  first."  At this James snickered a little,

"That's very considerate, thank you."

~

James couldn't wipe the smile from his face or keep his cheeks from burning ruby red as Thomas rambled on to something h paid no real attention to. All he could focus on was how perfectly his hand fit with Thomas' in this moment as they wandered along down the poorly lit streets. The pavement only they occupied appeared a long stretch darkness ahead and behind them, in any other situation James would be overwhelmed with worry, on edge with each step. But with Thomas he felt like a shield surrounded him, like nothing could touch him. He was unable to explain, never before had he experienced such a feeling when with someone.

James stopped, causing Thomas to do so also.

"What's wrong?" He asked curiously, catching a glimpse of James' face as a car zipped past, drowning them in the glow of the headlights. His eyes were wide with wonder as they always appeared to be; Thomas felt he could stare into his eyes forever and never not be content.

James, a smile spreading weekly across his face, rose on his tippy toes to place a soft kiss on Thomas' lips. "I think I'm in love with you."

~

Authors note

Should i keep Burrodosia together or make it Leeburr?