HOW DO I ALREADY HAVE 20 CHAPTERS?

twenty

Charles and James headed home, Peggy was napping in her and Maria's room and Thomas was watching TV with Maria.

"Maria." He turned to her.

"Thomas," she said, mimicking his tone.

"Do you remember we played Truth or dare last night?"

"Kinda." Maria shrugged and turned fully to face him.

"Well, do you remember asking me who I would kiss?"

Maria's expression mixed into one of confusion and excitement. "No, but I hope you said James!"

"I did- wait, why?"

Maria struggled for a quick excuse, "Because it would have made him so nervous, he's that kind of person!"

"Riiight." Thomas looked at her strange. "But, do you think he remembers?"

"Would it be an issue if he does?"

"Yes, it would!"

Maria smirked and moved closer, "And why is that?"

Thomas looked at her nervously and stumbled over his words, "I-it just is." He shifted back and looked away but knew Maria was looking for a different answer.

"Do you like him?" She asked teasingly, Thomas felt his cheeks heating up with the mention of his affection towards James.

"No, of course not." He kept his face turned away and tried to ignore Maria.

"Are you sure,  Tommy?"

"Yes!" Maria jumped a little but the smirk remained on her face. Thomas sighed,  "I don't know. "

"What do you mean—"

"I mean I don't know if I like him!" Thomas crossed his arms over his chest in defeat of finally admitting what Maria wanted to hear.  Somewhat.
She didn't reply,  when he looked she wore the biggest sheepish smile.

"I ship it!" She squealed, throwing his arms up.  Thomas sighed, hitting her in the face with a throw cushion.

"You're really no help, " he told her.

"Okay, okay I'm sorry. " She composed herself. "Elaborate, please."

"Well.... I don't know."

"Do you think you like him?" Maria's matchmaker instincts were kicking in.

"Maybe." Thomas  shrugged and looked to Maria hopelessly.

"Oh my God," she muttered and rolled her eyes.
"You know what having a crush is?"

"Yes. "

"You know what having a crush feels like?"

"Yes, again." Thomas rolled his eyes.

"Then,  do you have a crush on James?"
Thomas sighed and buried his face in his hands. His cheeks were burning like fire.  Slowly,  he nodded.

"Awwwww!" Maria squealed so loud it hurt Thomas's ears.

"Maria, shut up!" Called Peggy from the bedroom.

~

James sat down across from Charles, setting down the two cups of coffee and tapping his shoulder to wake him. He lifted his head from the table and frowned, he still had a bad headache.

"Here." James pushed one the cups toward him and took a sip out of the other. "Feeling any better?"

Charles gave him a look that told him not to even ask and pulled off the top (take away cup ya'll know?) on the cup and drank half of it on one go,

"Jesus Christ, take it easy." James leant across the table and took the drink from Charles's hands.

"On me." Charles added and ran a hand through his hair. "I'm not drinking again."

"You can still drink, it depends on what you drink though." James took another sip.

"I don't care," said Charles, his head back on the table. "What are you gonna do about Thomas?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well you like him."

James nodded, "Yeah, I planned on staying quiet and letting it kill me when he finds someone else."

Charles laughed mirthlessly but said nothing. Sally passed by their table with an order, yes they're at the café she works in, and paused behind Charles's chair. She looked down at him then to James, mouthing 'is he okay?', James shook his head. She frowned sympathetically and continued on her way. 

"You should ask him out." Charles lifted his head from the table and finished the rest of his coffee. James scoffed and shook his head.

"Hell no."

"Why not? What's the worst that could happen?"

"Everything. Rejection, he ends up hating me, we never speak again."

Charles laughed, "You're over thinking this, he might be into you too." He said and buried his face in his hands. "Can we go already?"

"We just got here," James said, a little confused and trying to ignore the last part of Charles's sentence. He felt like if he believed it he would just be getting his hopes up. Charles groaned and put his head back on the table.

"I feel sick."
James sighed.

"Okay,  c'mon." James stood up,  grabbing his coffee and heading out with Charles following slowly behind.