SORT OF A DOUBLE DATE

Thomas suggested to James that since both of them were off work for the weekend, they go to Monticello. Thomas however did not mention he'd invited Theodosia and Aaron.

"How are you even doing this?" James asked to Thomas, who was giving him a piggyback.

"What does that mean?" Thomas questioned. "You're not even heavy."

James shook his head. "I'm kind of heavy."

"Nope," Thomas chirmed. "You're as light as a feather."

James smiled, "You're saying that because we're dating."

Thomas scoffed. "What does that have to do with your weight?"

"It's an unspoken rule of relationships that you say nice things about each other," James said. Thomas rolled his eyes and ducked a little to avoid hitting James' head on a branch he passed.

"Then say something nice about me."

"You have really nice hair," James told him. It was true, Thomas's hair was a work of art, even when he does nothing with it. They reached Monticello.

They two had come ready to swim in the lake/creek/river/ what ever ive been previously referring to it as. James set down the bag he brought which contained towels to dry themselves with.

"Come this way," Thomas instructed eagerly and took James' hand, leading him past the tall tree in which the tree house was built and further into the shrubs. James didn't realize Thomas was guiding him to where the old rope swing was supposed to be. "Tada!"

Thomas pointed to a new rope swing with a tire on it. James laughed a little,

"When did you do this?" He asked, examining the swing.

"The other day, try it." Thomas urged James forward. The swing hung about a metre in from where the cliff dropped off and I am so tired I don't recall if I ever mentinoned anything about said cliff. James grabbed the rope and looked over his shoulder at Thomas, who nodded at him to continue.

Taking a deep breath, James took a few steps back with the rope before running forward, jumping onto the tire before he fell right off the cliff then jumping from the tire about two metre away from the cliff's edge. When he landed in the cold water, he heard Thomas cheering him on proudly before there was another splash and Thomas was there beside him. Looking up, the two boys watched the swing slowly stop.

"Hey!" They heard someone shout and turned to see Aaron and Theo. Theo, who had been the one to call out, waved cheerfully. She wore a bikini with a shirt on that was a little too big for her- one of Aaron's shirts, James assumed.

"Yeah! You guys came!" Thomas hurried out of the water to meet them. James was confused, Thomas had invited them? He wasn't unhappy to see them, he just wished he'd been given a heads up.

"Hey, James." Aaron greeted, noticing him still in the water. James felt weird about seeing Aaron with Theo after what Charles had told him.

"Hi." He replied simply. He looked back up to the rope swing. "Remember the rope swing? Thomas fixed it, you should try it out."

Aaron shrugged, setting down the bag they'd brought- also with towels and such in it. "Sure,"

James hurried out of the water now, "C'mon then." He took Aaron's wrist and lead him into the bush toward the rope swing. He stopped half way where they weren't seen.

"What are you doing-" Aaron started but James cut him off.

"You kissed Charles!" He whisper shouted(??), Aaron slapped hi hand over his mouth.

"Shh!" He looked around to see if Thomas or Theo had followed. "How did you know?"

James pushed his friend's hand away, "Charles told me. What the hell were you thinking?"

"I don't know!"

"You have a girlfriend and you kissed him!" James argued, not caring right now if Theo or Thomas heard him. 

"Yes, I know." Aaron said in a quieter tone, trying to calm his friend. "I just.. I wasn't thinking about that, you can't tell Theo that-"

"That you kissed someone else?"

"That I think I like Charles too!" Aaron said abruptly, James  opened his mouth to respond but quickly closed it because he didn't know what to say.

"Hey!" Thomas called suddenly, appearing in the shrubs. "You two gonna join us or hide out in here all day?"

"Yeah- yeah, we're just..." Aaron looked to James to answer. "We were just talking. We're coming now."

"Alright," Thomas nodded and left, James continued to lead Aaron to the rope swing. He grabbed it and moved back,

"I'm telling Thomas," he said before running and swinging into the water. Aaron watched from the cliff and Theo and Thomas applauded him. James whispered something to his boyfriend quickly, he nodded with a confused look on his face but continued to cheer on Aaron with Theo.

"C'mon, baby!" Theo called, James felt bad for her.